Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Low Voltage Symptoms

Just wondering if low voltage will cause the motor to run awful.

06 RXP
    I think this is the 4th season I have had it. SCer went to Jerry before I even rode it once for steel washers and ceramic bearings. Ran like new every year until today. Was the first day I have taken it out this year. Ran like always for about 1 min. then got real rough so I shut it down. Restarted a couple times still rough. Pulled it out got under it and checked the impeler nothing there. Stuck it back in and started it again. Kinda hard start this time. Threw p0562 low voltage code and 12 volt low warning. So I put it up untill I have more time. I am due for a new battery, but I was just wondering if the low battery would or could cause it to run so rough and not rev out or do I need to look into something else before I cause any major damage? I am thinking about 40 hrs give or take since the SCer rebuild.
    Also is the Odyessy batteries worth the $150 a piece?
    Thanks
    Joe

+1
    I've had multiple "12 Volt Low" signals on the cluster (usually from sitting up for a while) but my bikes have never ran rough. -Two '06 RXT SC

Damn that is what I was afraid of. It has been setting up in the garage all winter. Just like the past 3 winters though. I was just riding along like always and it just bogged down and started running rough and wouldn't rev. Kinda felt like something in the impeller as I have had that happen before, but I could not see anything in there this time. It has about 83hrs on it now. Any suggestions or thoughts of what it could be? or is a trip to the stealership in my future?
    thanks

+1
    Did you verify that the Po562 is in fact an error code low voltage? I've never gotten a true error code. Just a beep, flashing battery and the 12 Volt Low message. If you haven't, verify the number...

If it is the correct code, your manual should point to where to look. Be sure to take flash light, if it helps and look from the rear into your pump and then from underneath into the tunnel. Verify there's no foreign material. Next, I'd look at your MPEM to make sure the connection is solid. Once, my wiring harness backed out of the MPEM and the bike ran like crap. It was a real head-scratcher until a friend notice the harness was loose on the MPEM. Next, check your fuel rail to make sure all your connections are good to the injectors. Finally, how are your spark plugs? Might want to give them the once over to verify one isn't fouled... I think that 'bout exhaust my SeaDoo knowledge.

You can do all the above, and prob. more, in just a few minutes w/little tools and no costs. I'm sure other will chime in to help diagnose your issue w/o involving the stealership at this point.

Good luck,

Yeah when I get back down there I think I need to look a little closer for debri. Plugs where changed last season but that does not mean they are bad. I checked connections and fuses. It just sounded diffrent even when I cranked it up out of the water. Like it still did not want to rev. Something just sounded off. I did not check the fuel rails. The ski is at my parents house at Truman lake which is about an hour from my house so will have to make some time to get down there and look at it. Probably just go get it and bring it back here.
    Thanks for the input Gator.

+1
    Yeah, debris hung up on the prop or in the pump can be an issue and will cause you to cavitate and run poorly. Pull the pump if you have too...

+1
    possibly bad gas, fouled a plug,OR even a leaky intercooler. And for god sakes get a new battery! Unless u would like to get stranded somewhere.

The DEKA, and odyssey batteries are wort every penny....

Thanks man it still has last seasons gas in it but I did sea foam it at the end of the season. I think I will start with new battery plugs and gas then go from there. Will also check that intercooler best I know how. Thanks for the tips Psycho.
    What would the symptoms of a slipping scer be?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GYTWYPT View Post
    Thanks man it still has last seasons gas in it but I did sea foam it at the end of the season. I think I will start with new battery plugs and gas then go from there. Will also check that intercooler best I know how. Thanks for the tips Psycho.
    What would the symptoms of a slipping scer be?
    I think it would be loss of top end speed...

That is what I was thinking. I just need to get it up here so I can start looking for the problem.
    Thanks all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information