Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Guys, having a problem.....2005 Xp Stage 3 PLus

I have a fully modded boat. Stage 3, riva everything, open loop etc!!! I have upgraded to et 68-140 charger tho. Here is my issue. My freaking boat is eating oil? Cant find any issues either??? Where could the monster be hiding it??? So weird, rpms are down to around 8100, mostly heat related tho...I run a valve kit, to control water temps etc, like the gprxps....My catch can has about 1/4 of milky oil/gas mix in it...So what can i look for? or whats goin on? Bottom of boat is clean, but after every full tank its eating about 1 quart or more of oil??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabeGoing80 View Post
    I have a fully modded boat. Stage 3, riva everything, open loop etc!!! I have upgraded to et 68-140 charger tho. Here is my issue. My freaking boat is eating oil? Cant find any issues either??? Where could the monster be hiding it??? So weird, rpms are down to around 8100, mostly heat related tho...I run a valve kit, to control water temps etc, like the gprxps....My catch can has about 1/4 of milky oil/gas mix in it...So what can i look for? or whats goin on? Bottom of boat is clean, but after every full tank its eating about 1 quart or more of oil??
    Your valve is not working correctly bro. You need to either switch to the Riva thermo or Fizzle one. Problem solved.

+1
    check supercharger shaft seal, they are known to pass oil. check by removing intake pipe and see if there is oil in it

+1

also......

Guys,

i checked the plugs to see if it could be a seal etc....there clean...I will check the shaft seal. see if thats the culprit....Would my valve not being closed and motor running cold really make the ski eat a 1 qt for every 15 gallons???It just started doing this this year...I just got my charger rebuilt last week..hmmmm

+1
    Guys,

i checked the plugs to see if it could be a seal etc....there clean...I will check the shaft seal. see if thats the culprit....Would my valve not being closed and motor running cold really make the ski eat a 1 qt for every 15 gallons???It just started doing this this year...I just got my charger rebuilt last week..hmmmm
    Yep, sure would bro.

+1
    Guys,

Actually no. If your engine is running too cold you would likely notice more oil because of the gas in oil.

+1
    It's blowing out all his catch can etc. there are many threads about this issue. Once the thermos came out this problem disappeared. Your motor is running to cold. Pickup a thermo and watch the issue go away. It's prob so thin from being diluted your bailers are removing it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    It's blowing out all his catch can etc. there are many threads about this issue. Once the thermos came out this problem disappeared. Your motor is running. Pickup a thermo and watch the issue go away.
    It will only blow out the overfill out the catch can. This would not make him low on oil. It blows the oil out the catch can because it eventually becomes overfull from the GIO. Also says the bottom of the hull is clean.
    SC seal is my guess considering the compression and leakdown passed.

+1
    Search for a thread by pdxrealtor titled where is all my oil going. Same thing happened to him when he switched to jd open loop on a new px. All the info is there. This is where I learned about it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Search for a thread by pdxrealtor titled where is all my oil going. Same thing happened to him when he switched to jd open loop on a new px. All the info is there. This is where I learned about it.
    Different issue. His catch can was filling up and he was finding too much oil. Wannabe is losing oil.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information