+1

couple questions. just bought a 93 waverunner 3.

got this for a good deal. cant decide if i want to rebuild it or part it out, or just try to flip it.

anyone know if theres any demand for these anymore? or if there's a forum that has allot on there? i don't see many in this section from what ive seen. what are parts going for? what would the whole ski go for if cleaned up and running?

previous owner got it not running, and was told it took on sand? or ingested it? it will need two cyl's and i dont hold much hope for the jugs cleaning up. the crank is also not moving, so id probably pull the motor. i bought it dissasembled too, so id need a manual to find where all the bolts go..

also, does anyone know what the gp model is? on sbt's site they specify it as non gp.

if anyone is interested in anything off this ski, pm me. or if you want the whole thing. id let it go for cheap. no trailer, but i can include that stand i built for it, its quite sturdy and you could put wheels on it. ill also have the title for it here soon.

the ski isnt really in bad shape. if you had a service manual and time to rebuild it, it wouldnt be hard.

Anyone please correct me if I'm out of sequence here...
    in order of wave runner named skis this was the next hull from the original 500's and the 650lx..
    I'D call it markII... this was the start of yamaha building a hull that wouldn't beat you to death in rough water with a better designed bottom .. there was also the VXR design..
    there was an early waverunner modle using the gp name in 96 but was closer to the vxr in design..
    in 97 the true GP hull came out with the more 'ORCA' shaped top section ..

These hulls,starting in 93, came with alot of features that made them desirable for rec riding and rentals such as the better storage compartments , soft grab handles ,splash shields and the single carb...

+1
    Depends on what you paid for it... they aren't much and you got a hull full of random. I'd try to piece it back together and get an sbt engine fore it (650). They make great loaner skis and beginner skis. Don't expect a rocketship.

+1
    i dont expect a rocketship by any means. i got it pretty cheap id say. any market for parting them out or selling them running?

I'm currently parting out a 1990 WRIII LX... Unfortunately, these old-school hull designs aren't worth squat non-running. In the case of these older WR's, the sum of the parts is indeed greater than that of the whole. Takes a patient seller however. Like Cigar said though, these make great loaner skis when you want to ride w/ a buddy or your woman. (Can't imagine you let just anyone hop on your modded GPR.)

Truth-be-told, I'd be transplanting a motor in mine if I hadn't lost the title. The 650's are & easy & cheap enough to come by in the $300-400 range, & then you've got your easy-for-anyone-to-ride loner ski for next to nothing.

+1
    i like this ski, but i dont need two skis, and the hassle of trying to get ahold of a nice double trailer. ive already got permanent tags on mine and all.

if anyone wants anything off of it, or they want the ski as a whole pm me an offer.

Thread Information