Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird problem

Weird problem

Sho
    et18
    8560 rpm

So last year everything worked fine with this set up. The ski sat for 8 months and Heres the problem ski is rich all the way to 8000rpm (10.8 afr) as soon as i wot it goes to 13 and 14 afr. switched ecu,fuel pump, injectors(oem) nothing so far, what do you guys think?

+1
    Is it running noticeably worse? Bad throttle response, dead spots, surging, and so forth? If not could be a bad O2 sensor? Maybe try free air calibrating it before replacing it.

Also need to know what EMS you are running and your other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Is it running noticeably worse? Bad throttle response, dead spots, surging, and so forth? If not could be a bad O2 sensor? Maybe try free air calibrating it before replacing it.

Also need to know what EMS you are running and your other mods.
    The ski pulls and runs perfect, excellent throttle, no dead spots, some surge ( same as previous years). 02 sensors was tested on others skis and it was fine. The ski has all supporting mods R3,rrfpr,bov,manifold upgrade

ttt

+1
    you don't mention it, but are you running a powershot? What's setting on rrfpr, is rising rate enabled?

which AFR gauge/sensor are you running?

You'd have to be running lean running those OEM injectors with an ET 18 wheel. I am at the max duty cycle with the ETSS low boost wheel at 12 PSI/8300 rpm and the OEM injectors. Guys and Girls nI know have run lean with even the low boost ET wheel at high (8700 rpm) and easily need the 1000cc ones for the ET extreme 15.5 psi wheel so you are way over with stock injectors and the 18 PSI wheel,Throw a set of 1000cc ones in and all will be good at WOT but you will have to tune them in..... some how or get the reflash reflashed for the bigger injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_A View Post
    you don't mention it, but are you running a powershot? What's setting on rrfpr, is rising rate enabled?

which AFR gauge/sensor are you running?
    No Powershot Lm2 wideband rising rate enabled

Quote Originally Posted by coldspace View Post
    You'd have to be running lean running those OEM injectors with an ET 18 wheel. I am at the max duty cycle with the ETSS low boost wheel at 12 PSI/8300 rpm and the OEM injectors. Guys and Girls nI know have run lean with even the low boost ET wheel at high (8700 rpm) and easily need the 1000cc ones for the ET extreme 15.5 psi wheel so you are way over with stock injectors and the 18 PSI wheel,Throw a set of 1000cc ones in and all will be good at WOT but you will have to tune them in..... some how or get the reflash reflashed for the bigger injectors.
    It is the next thing i have in mind, I've been saving up to get the computer and injectors along with a good tune... but this set up was working perfectly fine last summer, all summer long, the ski sat for 8 month after that ... I know the injectors where probably over their duty cycle but my afr at wot was 12.2 at 70 psi on the rrfpr. I was really rich on low end and mid range but that just ment i had to change my spark plugs and change the oil every 10 hours... Before i move on to bigger n better, i want to fix the current problem... plus as of thus far I only have half what I need to purchase both items and get a tuner to help me.

I currently dont have a boost gauge, but i feel as if after a certain rpm or maybe boost lvl, the ecu or map sensor has gone nuts and cant figure out to add more fuel or what not, a freind suggested it might be the map sensor.. what do you guys think? Is there a way I can eliminate that from the equation with out buying another one? lol Thanks for all the reply's

ttt

Has this happened to any one before? or heard of a similar case? Any recommendations?
    Im going to pick up a set of 60lbs injectors and try them out, Ill keep you guys posted... let me know if you guys come up with anything

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information