Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

December 23 NYC Ride?

Preliminary,,,,,who is interested? Im dressing up like Santa,,,,the xll will look like rudolf,,,,,LMFAO,,,,the kidzzzzzzz will luv it!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    I'm game.... gonna have to dig up a ski to ride unless by some miracle my RXP is running by then. Where around NYC u thinking? all around or just the west side in the hudson?

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I'll watch you guys from a bar in hoboken

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    I'm game.... gonna have to dig up a ski to ride unless by some miracle my RXP is running by then. Where around NYC u thinking? all around or just the west side in the hudson?
    probably the west and east river,,,,lets see where the weather sits,,,,,,i wont trust the jetting in my xll below 35,,,

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    when's the last time you went in the east river? they allegedly made ENTIRE east side 5mph over the summer... friend of mine (vman) was riding with his wife on their skis and were stopped and told the area is 5mph effectively immediately....

wondering if u came across the same thing or when the last time u ride there was?
    for it i'm pretty sure

looks like rain,,,,no good...

Hows the 24th look?

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Did you guys go or what?

This is regarding the 5 MPH rule in the east river. I fly seaplanes out of there and I wish all boat traffic was 5mph. Unfortunatly it is never inforced thats with NYPD and Coast Guard boats lurking around as well. I am very surprised that someone stopped you. For us float pilots the wakes off of these boats makes our job incredibly difficult. We have to circumnavigate sometimes 3 foot swell boat wakes and strong currents. If anyone is floating around the east river in any kind of boat I am asking you PLEASE slow down if not completely stop all toghter if you see the planes about to land or take off, it will save lives. There have been quite a few close calls over the past years and its getting worse by the day with the increased boat traffic! Any help on your ends would be greatly appreciated on our end! Thanks in advance
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    This is regarding the 5 MPH rule in the east river. I fly seaplanes out of there and I wish all boat traffic was 5mph. Unfortunatly it is never inforced thats with NYPD and Coast Guard boats lurking around as well. I am very surprised that someone stopped you. For us float pilots the wakes off of these boats makes our job incredibly difficult. We have to circumnavigate sometimes 3 foot swell boat wakes and strong currents. If anyone is floating around the east river in any kind of boat I am asking you PLEASE slow down if not completely stop all toghter if you see the planes about to land or take off, it will save lives. There have been quite a few close calls over the past years and its getting worse by the day with the increased boat traffic! Any help on your ends would be greatly appreciated on our end! Thanks in advance
    Scott

sea planes landing in the east river? man am i out of touch.... where do they take off and land from? i have been going to the hospital for special surgery for my shoulder over the past month on 70th...im going to look next time i go in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information