Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

virage no spark help

i have a 2000 virage tx 1200 triple. carbed. bought it non functional. had a burnt piston. rebuilt motor. rode it for 2 hours seemed real boggy. already had carb kit so i rebuilt the carbs and installed new reeds put it back together and has no spark. previous owner said they thought stator was bad cuz it would only run for a short peiod of time and battery would be dead when it died. ive tested lr module. orange wire gets voltage while cranking and sends it to cdi. but the yellow rpm wire has constant voltage? it gets the proper 10.8 volts while cranking. and i tried unhooking the kill switch to test that. so im lost. the only thing i done since it was running wa sput a new starter solenoi don cuz the old one was bad. im thinking its either cdi or stator sinc eim sure the yellow wire that goes to lr module isnt suppose to be hot all the time.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Yellow wire does have battery voltage when engine is not running. That is normal.

Unplug and bypass the LR-505 Start/Stop module. Details via my signature links.

i couldnt seem to find the intructions on how to bypass the lr module. can u post the link on here or give me instructions thank you for all ur help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hot83chevy View Post
    i couldnt seem to find the intructions on how to bypass the lr module. can u post the link on here or give me instructions thank you for all ur help
    http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....ge-genesis-msx

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ghlight=LR-505

well bypassed the lr module today still no spark... so idk what to check next. th eonly thing i changed from last time i hit the water was the start solenoid was bad. wouldnt crank when u pushed the start button. bought a new one off ebay.. and cranks when u push button but had carbs off so never thought to check for spark. but i couldnt see that causing my spark issue. plz help, im getting clueless. i guess its either cdi coil or stator right?

+1
    Did you hold the Bilge button down while checking for spark with LR bypassed?

I expect you had the battery disconnected while you worked on the solenoid, maybe something else changed, shorted or disconnected... recheck all the electrical box connections.

Look in my signature links for the red domestic stator and CDI Brown wire voltage tests.

Always make sure the battery is still delivering more than 10.6 volts while cranking.

yes bilge button was pressed. and battery was disconnected when changing the solenoid. and i have double checked connections ill triple check LOL i attempted the stator test but couldnt realize how to crank engine over by hand without removing the front cover... do u have a link to test the cdi. cuz if cdi tests good then im pretty confident that its gonna end up being the stator i think the chances of the coil being bad are slim. if it wasnt such a pain i would swap the coil and cdi out of my genesis, i own a 2000 geneses also. if u could send a link to checking cdi. if u dont mind. thanks again for all ur help.

There is no test for the CDI. Test everything else...if all else is good then replace the CDI.

well i couldnt see a way to turn the motor over to check the stator thats why i was asking bout the cdi. but since stators are pretty common to going out im almost leaning towards that

and im gonna check all connections tomorrow and unhook kill switch (tether) tomorrow and if still no spark i guess go from there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information