Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Derwood98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    627
    +1
    10

    Looking For SS Socket Head Bolts For Polaris 785 Head

    Anyone know what a person would purchase for the head bolts in stainless steel with socket heads? I know that it's a 10MM bolt x 1.25 threat (checked it against one of my taps) and roughly 2-3/8 long from top to bottom. I checked McMaster-Carr, but a little confused by nomenclature. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, need washers for the bolts. Just adding a little bling under the hood.


  2. #2
    ujustlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Howell Michigan
    Posts
    1,597
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    Anyone know what a person would purchase for the head bolts in stainless steel with socket heads? I know that it's a 10MM bolt x 1.25 threat (checked it against one of my taps) and roughly 2-3/8 long from top to bottom. I checked McMaster-Carr, but a little confused by nomenclature. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, need washers for the bolts. Just adding a little bling under the hood.
    Be careful with stainless as it is generally weaker than regular steel

  3. #3
    Derwood98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    627
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    Be careful with stainless as it is generally weaker than regular steel
    True, however, I know for a fact that I have about 25 torque cycles on my "original bolts" and that cannot be good either considering I know they are the original bolts and I have no idea how many cycles they had before I bought this machine. Just saying.. Maybe not such a good idea. That's why I was posting. Thanks for the input.

  4. #4
    ujustlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Howell Michigan
    Posts
    1,597
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    True, however, I know for a fact that I have about 25 torque cycles on my "original bolts"
    I Personally wouldn't worry about that, but I understand your concern and the want/need for the "bling " factor

  5. #5
    Connecticut CrazyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    8,139
    +1
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    Anyone know what a person would purchase for the head bolts in stainless steel with socket heads? I know that it's a 10MM bolt x 1.25 threat (checked it against one of my taps) and roughly 2-3/8 long from top to bottom.
    Allens has them in Polished and Unpolished.

    M10 X 1.25 X 60 is what you're looking for.

    Get your checkbook out....


    http://www.mmsacc-stainless.com/metr...ric_allen.html



    Special FINE THREAD Metric Allen Bolts - POLISHED or UNPOLISHED
    part # Size Price

    MM-1060A - polished 10mm x 1.25 x 60 8.75 ea
    MM-1060A2 - unpolished 10mm x 1.25 x 60 8.25 ea

  6. #6
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    McMaster.


    18-8 Stainless Steel—DIN 912-A2
    M10—Pitch: 1.5 mm 60mm 5ea 91292A219 7.09

  7. #7
    Connecticut CrazyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    8,139
    +1
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    McMaster.


    18-8 Stainless Steel—DIN 912-A2
    M10—Pitch: 1.5 mm 60mm 5ea 91292A219 7.09
    Hmmmm, I thought that he needed fine thread 1.25, which are much harder to find in SS

  8. #8
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    Good catch my bad on the pitch..
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    Hmmmm, I thought that he needed fine thread 1.25, which are much harder to find in SS

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB - Parts Looking for polaris freedom jets
    By 07keo02 in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 10:25 AM
  2. Looking for Polaris Pro 785 igniter
    By MajorDrake in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2013, 09:27 AM
  3. Looking for Polaris rear seat handle. Mounts to the seat--Any color
    By partshunter in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 10:09 AM
  4. WTB Looking for Polaris 700, 1050, 1200 cylinder head domes all sizes
    By lovehavenfun in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 07:13 PM
  5. Looking for polaris dealer
    By bigdd in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 08:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •