Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I finally got ONE!!! ;) RXT-260-DOO's Avatar
    +1

HEY, for the first time!!!

Hey, guys-gals, I just wanted to introduce myself and to say thank you to all of you for having such a great on-line community. I just received my brand new RXT 260 and this forum has taught me a lot in the last week. I just got done checking all the pump bolts, hoses, etc... everything seems to be the way it should be. Anyways, I am living at 8000 feet in Granby CO, and have Grand Lake, Shadow Mountain Res., and Lake Granby to play on. Cold water though... I will be going to Powell on occasion. Anyways, I look forward to getting to know you guys-gals. Tomorrow I start the break in period, how should I go about it??? What will give me longevity? I am hoping to get 10 years out of her...

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Welcome to the forum. You will get as many answers as you do replies on how to break in your new motor. I've been at this a very long time and have had very good success by following the owners manual and you wont have to worry about any warranty issues either.

+1
    Thanks Comet. Well, I just got an hour on her. Had a few WOT moments, never got over 7k. Top speed today was 48mph. Ran all the RPMs from idle to 7k. Stayed at 4500 to 6000 the most. Water temp, 55, burrr!!! Got one issue though, it turns slightly right while steering's straight on? Is that hard to adjust or just take her into the dealer?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk! A wealth of knowledge here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXT-260-DOO View Post
    Thanks Comet. Well, I just got an hour on her. Had a few WOT moments, never got over 7k. Top speed today was 48mph. Ran all the RPMs from idle to 7k. Stayed at 4500 to 6000 the most. Water temp, 55, burrr!!! Got one issue though, it turns slightly right while steering's straight on? Is that hard to adjust or just take her into the dealer?

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    their should be an ajustment on the cable, either at the bars or the pump.

Yeah, you can do it yourself but will have to bring it back for your 10 hour service anyway. Be careful about adjusting to soon, ride it for a while. Wind, current, waves will throw it off, especially the new ones, ride it both ways on your lake for a while. Mine was pulling to the right also, just got the RXT-X aS, Not sure if it is right yet but it did straighten out after about 15 hours but I still adjusted a little.

Mine pulls to the left lol

+1
    Thanks guys! Got another hour on her last night and 60mph. I think the steering was due to a passenger and wind. Last night, all by myself and was pretty much straight. Was at the dealer yesterday, I get the 10hr service for free and the same place rents boats/ski's and I get a free day rental of a boat or ski. Nice!!!
    Last edited by RXT-260-DOO; 06-26-2011 at 07:46 PM.

+1
    Congrats on the ski! the 2011 rxt is a great buy

+1
    So, I am @ 6 hours and have only seen 60 mph. What gives? I heard people getting 3 hours and their ski opening up, rpm wise. I do live at 8000 feet but my Uncle was up last year with his rxt 215, I beleive '08's, and I had that going 63 mph. I think he only had 8 hours on his. Is mine going to open up or is something else going on?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information