Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brazos River 6-19-2011 a little low

Couple of pics from Plowman. For those of you who know the park this is the North side of the campground. River is very low. Looking at the pics the dark green grass is normally cover by about 10 feet of water. Corp of engineers says 12.04 feet low. I went in off the Plowman ramp and checked the water using my 25 ft long anchor. Out in the middle of the water that's runs along the campsites I would say it's about 5 feet deep. Main part of the river in the plowman area is around 10 feet deep. I went from Plowman to Kimbell, very slow and cautiously and It was ok if you stayed in the middle of the river channel. Past Kimbell it got very shallow, Less the 3 feet. I could walk across the river and never got much pass my knees. Heading south I tried to get down towards Lakeside Park, but the just to many stumps, Didn't chance it. Until the area gets a major Monsoon like rainfall I would stay away from the river this year. That sucks because it is by far my most favorite place to ride within a couple of hours from the DFW area
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plowman2 (Small).JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	243015   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plowman 1 (Small).JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	243014  

Thank you for the info. We are headed to Whitney this weekend with Family & Freinds. I was wanting to ride up the river to the sandbar. But it doesn't appear as if I'll make it. Oh well, we will stay on the lake. Thanks again for the heads up.

+1
    Good info...I was gonna go to the river a few weeks ago but "they" said the ramp was a mud hole....so I guess its the executive pool for me for a while (joe pool)

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    does somebody live close to either kimbell bend or tin top???would be nice to have like a post here on a weekly basis to info the dfw guys as to the water levels.

+1
    the good news is that you can get to the "sand bar" much quicker now because it is so much closer!!! this is sad because the original "secret spot" kimball bend is so very nice.

+1
    you should ride the colorado river off the north end of buchanan lake.i like it better than than the brazos or lake austin which is an awesome ride on the right day

As much as I do not want the dramatics of a hurricane - I think we really need one to get some good rain in Tx.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSPORTSWOMN View Post
    As much as I do not want the dramatics of a hurricane - I think we really need one to get some good rain in Tx.
    +1. That was one good thing about the storms that hit the coast. I just hope they can last long enough to come up here in big D.

On another note, I was in Granbury today. I stopped in at the marina for lunch and the Seadoo shop owner there said that the water was only 3-4 foot low there. He said they still ride the river but can't go too far. Looks like a nice place to ride, once it fills back up.

+1
    It is sounding like there may be some rain coming soon.

+1
    kirk riding the brazos there is a blast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information