Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Jerry, your email has been hacked into!!

For all those who have received the email stating that Jerry has been stranded in a foreign country and in need of cash, do not respond. This is a scam!! We had friends who had tis very same thing happen to them. They hack into your personal email and send out request for money!

+1
    Hmm, I haven't received any emails from him...but then again Jerry is on vacation so who knows... Can you copy and paste the email?

This is the email that was sent:

Hello,

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I had a trip to Greenock,Scotland for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash,credit card and cell were all stolen from us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves in few hrs from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills the amount needed now is just $3,000USD.I am so confused right now and thank God i wasn't injured because I complied immediately,Please keep checking your email from time to time as it's the only way to reach you.

Waiting to read from you so we can let you know how to get the money wired to us.

Jerry.

+1
    I played along to see what they said and just got the following e-mail:

"It was a brutal experience and right now you are our last hope,We have nothing left on us at the moment we are lucky to have our lives and passports cos it would have been worst if they had made away with it.All we need now is $3,000USD but any amount you can afford to wire would be appreciated, you can have it wired to my name via Western Union I'll have to show my passport as ID to pick it up here and i promise to pay you back once am back.

Here's the info you need at western union location below

Name:Jerry Gaddis
    Address:99 Dalrymple Street,Greenock,Renfrewshire,PA15 1QL

Please let me know if you are heading out to western union now and how long it will take you to get the money wired to us.Kindly email me the transfer details as soon as you have it done.I can never forgive myself if anything happens to my family...I'm freaked out!!!

Thanks."

+1
    Yep, that's the one. Someone needs to contact Jerrry by phone to let him know what's going on. Of all thimes for this to happen..on vacation.

+1
    I received that email also. must be a scammer day

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    I received the same one, I just talked to Jerry he said it's a hacker.

+1
    Yup! Just got the e-mail.

Well, I just sent him the money.

I gave himmy credit card number and social security, in case he has any trouble with the western union, or just is case he needs some cash on the trip back. Actually, I better send an email with my DOB and mothers maiden name as well, just in case.

I just hope he is OK!

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dukenyc View Post
    Well, I just sent him the money.

I gave himmy credit card number and social security, in case he has any trouble with the western union, or just is case he needs some cash on the trip back. Actually, I better send an email with my DOB and mothers maiden name as well, just in case.

I just hope he is OK!
    LOL Smart Ass

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information