Question SPX 1997 totally dead! Help!

Checked all fuses, both in the black and grey box. Have power all the way to the front box. 12v in to the mpem and 9v out from the mpem. When I put in my battery I saw a flash come from the battry to the batterycable. But after that nothing the ski does not make a sound or beep. Also checked the ground, had that also in front of the ski, at the grey box.
    Could it be anyting beyond the mpem, does 3 yellow wires where are they going?

Can anyone help me? What can cause this, if the mpem was toast should I not burn fuses, but nothing happens, when I put the dess on nothing, but I have signal down to the greybox.

Thanks

Check the 6-Pins on the Cable connection to the Front of the Engine (both plug and socket ends) for corrosion.

Check your small ground wire between the Rear Black Electrical Box to the Neg. Cable of the Battery and the interior of the Rear Electrical Box should be bone dry.

The 3 Yellow wires are your AC Voltage output from the Magneto to the Rectifier inside the Grey Box through the 6-Pin Connector.

A reversed polarity Battery installation can fry an MPEM w/o toasting a Fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    Check the 6-Pins on the Cable connection to the Front of the Engine (both plug and socket ends) for corrosion.

Check your small ground wire between the Rear Black Electrical Box to the Neg. Cable of the Battery and the interior of the Rear Electrical Box should be bone dry.

The 3 Yellow wires are your AC Voltage output from the Magneto to the Rectifier inside the Grey Box through the 6-Pin Connector.

A reversed polarity Battery installation can fry an MPEM w/o toasting a Fuse.
    Thanks, will check this!

Is there any way to check the MPEM without data?

If it is the MPEM, where do I buy one cheapest?

Thanks.

Thread Information