Rookie question.

Sup guys I got a rookie questions, what are tell tell signs of having a bad wear ring? what does it affect, what symtoms would I see.? Thanks in advanced for any replies.

+1
    Cavitation out of the hole. bupbupbupbupbupbup when you nail it from a dead still. Loss of power when you load the engine and loss of top speed. You will also notice deep grooving in the ring and a noticeable space between the prop and ring.

RPM's w/o acceleration when you grab a handful of throttle would indicate a worn Wear Ring.

okay I think my wear ring might be bad, should i go for the riva Stainless steel one? I figure if im going to change it out I might as well bullet proof it a bit, i Ride in canals all over Miami so I incounter alot of debree.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Project_X View Post
    okay I think my wear ring might be bad, should i go for the riva Stainless steel one? I figure if im going to change it out I might as well bullet proof it a bit, i Ride in canals all over Miami so I incounter alot of debree.
    You could spring for the Stainless ring but as you stated you ride in debris. the SS is durable but will still get damaged in those conditions and causes the prop to wear quicker due to the ring not being able to give. If it were mine and riding in rough debris conditions I would stick with the OEM, sure as hell easier and cheaper to replace. If you go with the OEM be sure to start it in the water with the new ring the first time. Also stay away from the cheaper SBT ring and get one here from the online store.

+1
    Stick with the OEM. The SS is not for riding in debris. The prop will get damaged as dneilsen said. 300.00 every few months hurts. At least it would for me.

you bring up a good point, thanks for all your help guys, ordering my wear ring now, thanks a mill

Thread Information