So, I put a new 13/19 Solas on my 15f

and while it's good out of the hole now I lost a bit on top. My OEM was badly dinged and the cavitation was terrible. With the Solas I'm turning 7k and it takes a while to get the last few mph out of it.

Ski is stock but I have R&D ride plate (waiting on reverse brackets). I also bought a Riva exhaust from a GH member but am really wondering if it is worth the PIA install. Also contemplating buying the intake mod that goes into the rear storage. I'm thinking that if I put these on the 13/19 would not be ideal and may have to go up to 14/21. Thoughts?

I just bought this thing and now I am hooked. Dammit.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    you can do the exhaust with or without cutting the primary, I felt it was worthwhile to remove the secondary on my 12f simply for the weight savings. I would do it I love the sound. The filter in the bucket is also a good mod, I don't have it on my ski but the results speak for themselves, I know of several people who switched from the filter on the tb or similar to the bucket mod.

As far as props, I am clueless sorry

Sean

Thanks for the input. Cutting the primary seemed like something I would booger up with my Rotozip.....I'll go ahead and get the airbox mod and give it a whirl.

If it can't pull a 13/19 it definitely won't pull a 14/21. Solas props are known to be inconsistent. You could try repitching it yourself. Just follow the directions in the how-to thread, it's not too complicated. I think Skat props are well worth the extra money.

I bought the Solas off ebay and had the seller drop ship it to Impros for a Stage 2 rebuild. So I have about $150 in it. No big deal.

You can rule out an odd prop then because Impros makes sure they're right. Dave set up a 13/20 for me that I wound up having to take a little pitch out of to get the rpm up to 78-7900. It ran well like that until something went through the pump and broke a blade. After that I set up a Skat 148mm set-back with a 13/19 Skat long nose and I've been happy with it ever since.

Also, i'm running zx12 cams so its not exactly apples to apples.

Got the R&D ride plate installed and it feels like a different ski now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krokus View Post
    Got the R&D ride plate installed and it feels like a different ski now.
    Can you be more specific?

I'm thinking about a plate for my 15f. How does it roll into a turn, speed, cavitation, rear end washing out....stuff like that, if you don't mind!!

I got more top end (59 to 62 indicated) out of it and it got there more quickly, whereas before it would take a good while to get the last few mph. A full tank did not seem to affect it nearly as much. However, last weekend was on freshwater so that may have affected it as well. I'll know more next weekend once I put it in the saltwater.

No cavitation since I put the Solas prop on it. Didn't get a chance to really gauge the handling difference since most of my weekend was going counter clockwise pulling kids around a small lake.

It's worth it. I bought the plate from a GH member and had to buy the reverse brackets which were back ordered. There is an ebay vendor that sells the R&D w/ rev brackets for around $310 shipped. Shredmaster is over $400.

Thread Information