Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What kind of cylinders are these? 6 ports, also ported cnc cases. 787 800

Bought an old race boat with every mod possible with a bad crank bearing that turns out to be a bad balance shaft bearing.

It also has these cylinders. Who makes them? They look ported too right? They seem to be 82mm on the nose, pistons say STD on top and look like pro-x. Crank looks stock but cases look to have massive CNC porting done by a machine not by hand. Paid 500 for the ski it seems to be worth a couple grand in just parts.

Looks like a bored over 800. Possibly a b.v. or even a v.e. motor. That stuff was pretty much rotax racing. I would touch base with rius racing. My buddy has some in house rotax stuff that was never available to the public. Rius should have some insight, as he raced the 800.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Thats some "Hot Rod" chit there

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Thats some "Hot Rod" chit there
    +1 that engine has more cooling lines than i have ever seen....did you see all the ECWI'S in the back of the ski? looks like some NOVI's, FPP spec I some heavy porting, possible stroker kit...I bet that thing will rip the handle bars right out of your hands!

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    fat boy is right... its a VE block..... google the name on the side of it... joe portale and the word seadoo.... should give you some info to whats in it.

it probably has either novi or boswell carbs on it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    I bet that thing will rip the handle bars right out of your hands!
    It's funny, he called me last night going off about all the cool parts on that thing and he kept saying that same quote over and over. lol

They are not VE, I have a VE that is a monoblock cylinder which makes the 800 into a 920 with a stock crank, or 970 or 1020 with ++4 and +++6 stroker cranks. Rossier did they make direct fit replacement triple port cylinders?

I think they are the rotax 945R "r" clylinders but the thing is the pistons measure at 82mm and they are stamped BRP seadoo, that is the stock 787 size bore right? Crank looks to be a seadoo crank I'll know more once I split the cases tonight.

Here is a list of goodies & parts so far lol.

-Okay skat trak magnum large hub D pump 6 vane, not sure prop pitch yet
    -Extended outdrive spacer from the 95xp limited
    -Forged custom lightweight extended driveshaft, really cool piece
    -Novi 46mm Maxi flow carbs, they are 46mm at the butterflys but they are bored to 48mm as they enter the motor, it has a throttle position sensor that is bolted to the bottom of the novi fuel rail.
    -df62 HV fuel pump
    -Massive amount of water lines, 6 different ecwi water solenoids that were all 'T' 'd into a control module that has 3 water fittings on the dry neptune pump and yamaha waterbox. I have never seen this amount of water lines in my life.
    -Bo Dupries "S.S Neptune Dry 800 pipe"
    -MSD Total loss ignition, 2 channel pn42353
    -Milled and reshaped 787 head, no material left on the bottom of this head, milled big time not sure what compression but was race gas only.
    -Cylinders are NOT VE, VE is a monoblock I have one of those from another boat that I am building. These cylinders are the triple port race cylinders either called the 945R rotax cylinders since the cylinders are all stamped with BPR part numbers. That or someone put these special triple port cylinders into the stock cylinder housings. Massive porting was done to these too. Not a mark on the cylinders but the rear piston does have a small 1/2 inch score where it got hot a locked up for a minute or two.
    -Cases still need to split them in half but yea massive CNC porting done to these, none of the marks are done by hand it was a machine with a bit.
    -Hull is trued, it also has the braking system flaps with the lever on the handle bars.
    -UMI steering
    -Oh and full RACE PAK setup
    -group k fuel air/water seperator
    -Lightweight rear pto flywheel
    -tracker race sponsons
    -ceet seat and cover
    -R&D 82/85 nozzles
    -westcoast billet thru hull exhaust exit
    -Carbon fiber hood
    -It looks like the lightweight top fiberglass top, it is really thin, it could even be a carbon fiber/kevlar bottom half

I bought this from a 19 year old kid and he said he couldn't sell it and the dealer wouldn't fix it since it looked like a mess. I saw it and took it right away for 500 bucks damn!! Gotta love craigslist.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    google the name on the side of the boat.... i did a quick search earlier.... definetly some history for good or bad attached with the name

+1

+1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information