Possibly bent supercharger shaft ?

Hi

I was on the water a few days ago and the water was a little chop and I maybe abused the SC clutch a little
    Suddenly I could feel the SC clutch slipping and I lost a few hundred rpm on top.
    Today I pulled the charger to check the slip and it was at 11,8 NM. The charger has only 8 hours on since I last rebuilted it and I sat the slip at 17 Nm at that time.

I tried to get the slip up by installing shims, more MC master washers, mixing and matching but I just canīt get the slip right.

1 mc master spring 4 oem )()() = 11,5 nm
    2 mc master springs 3 oem )()() = 22 nm ?
    1 mc master spring 4 oem 1 shim )()()/= 21,5 nm
    1 mc master spring 4 oem )))() = 21,1

I turned the shaft and noticed that it seem like the shaft it bent a little ? the support bushing is going up and down, samt is clutch washers, L-ring and nut. BUT it seem like the gear is right. Tomorrow I will put on a dial gauge to see how bad it is.

Andone who suddenly have bent a shaft ? What springs should I use and how are they going to and how are they going to go in right ?

+1
    Sometimes it looks as if the shaft is bent,optical illusion BUT i would put the dial indicator on it to be sure..Also it doesnt matter which of the 2 ways you put the washers in,)()() or )))() as long as you get your desired slip..

But the problem it that I canīt get the desired slip no matter what I do. But I think that I will put in 2 mc master springs and 3 oem and face mill the l-ring tomorrow but seriously why can everyone except me get the correct slip without tuching the l-ring ? I an looking forward to put that dial gauge on tomorrow and will keep you updated.

+1
    Somtimes with the new clutches,washers and gear it can get a little tight especially if you use the old L collar...you can shave down the collar to get it set right..I would only do this if your planning on using McMAster Carr washers seeing they dont loose their tension as fast as the OEM ones

+1
    Can also try this ))((). Did you try rearranging with all stock spring washers?
    Sometimes you have no choice but to face the L-nut. Get between 12-15nm and call it good.

Yes I did tried with all stock springs first but no luck. I Measured the whole clutch assambly at the maschine shop today. I put on the dial gauge and saw the shaft was bent a little. It is going up and down 0,07 mm and the support bushing / ring is running within 0,04 mm. I just donīt know how the shaft can be bent 0,07 mm. Anyone ever tried to measure and put a dial gauge on a fresh rebuilt SC and see what tolerances it has ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP rider View Post
    Yes I did tried with all stock springs first but no luck. I Measured the whole clutch assambly at the maschine shop today. I put on the dial gauge and saw the shaft was bent a little. It is going up and down 0,07 mm and the support bushing / ring is running within 0,04 mm. I just donīt know how the shaft can be bent 0,07 mm. Anyone ever tried to measure and put a dial gauge on a fresh rebuilt SC and see what tolerances it has ?
    Where did you check the runout on the shaft? At the threads?

I checked were the rollers are running between the gear and shaft.

Thread Information