No Power in Water HELP!

I have an 02 GTX RFI that sounds great when it is hooked to a water hose but when dropped in to the lake the engine boggs down and will NOT move an inch in any direction! The maint. light continues to flash while running- in the water or out..

Any suggestions?

+1
    It sounds like you are having ignition issues. Change the plugs and give it a go.

Actually I have changed the plugs.. this doo has seen better days
    Note to self don't let anyone borrow anything.
    Long story as short as I can:
    Rope sucked in to intake. Idiot flipped over ski and stood on top in the middle of the lake trying to remove it. Failed- almost totally submerged.
    Engine torn down and dried out, worked almost fine until it took on water a second time from a tear in the protection hose from the torque on a bent shaft. Replaced the shaft, wear ring, boot, seals and protection hose. Engine didn't take on water this time. Whew! lol
    Ran good for a month or two.
    A friend rode it at half throttle for about an hour and full power has never been restored. LIMP MODE according to the other messages.
    Replaced plugs- no affect. Maint light is flashing and smoking heavily out the exhaust and sounds rough! Pulled engine and rebuilt the top half: piston, rings, and cylinders (original bore) cleaned exhaust values and threw in new plugs for the heck of it. Drained all fluids from everywhere and refilled. Started engine with water hose sounds great but maint light still on. Cleared the light took it to the lake- with a load it boggs down and wont move an inch. Pull it from the lake and the engine revs up without problem.

Took it to local shop not a Doo dealer he states it is the Electric module and the safety switch..

Could that be the case?

P0335 Code

Took it to the local dealer today and the diagnostic read Code P0335.

The crank sensor has already been replaced.. However when the front plug wire is removed the engine dies, when the back plug wire is removed it continues to run.

The dealer said well you can leave it here and we can play around with it but I really don't know what it is...

ANy suggestions would be great! Has anyone else had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by pinchinpennies View Post
    Took it to the local dealer today and the diagnostic read Code P0335.

The crank sensor has already been replaced.. However when the front plug wire is removed the engine dies, when the back plug wire is removed it continues to run.

The dealer said well you can leave it here and we can play around with it but I really don't know what it is...

ANy suggestions would be great! Has anyone else had this problem?
    I believe these idle on 1 cylinder to conserve fuel. That is why it dies when the front plug wire is removed.

+1
    have you done a compression test?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    have you done a compression test?
    +1 Compression???

Changed the rear spark plug even though it was brand new. Compression is 150 in both cylinders... The maintenance light will not go out it continues to read the P0335 (02 01 03) Active.. Already replaced the crank shaft sensor didn't effect anything..
    The ski is operable now runs about 55 mph about 6600 rpm..

I am lost. Putting a new rectifier in because the battery isn't charging..

Why is the light coming on?

Thread Information