what would you up-grade on a stock 97 SL 900 ?

What would you up-grade on a stock 97 SL 900 if it was yours? OP plate ? grate? impeller? extend pump? Be gental I'm new so I really need a little help esplainin what every thing will do to help.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    you should already have the exteneded pump and the stock rideplate is decent. I'd go with a 6 vane stainless steel stator section if your pump has the black 5 vane.

Edit: more durable, better performance.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    That's a good choice ^^^^

I'll say performance reeds. = better acceleration, and sometimes more max RPM

+1
    You are on the right track, definately go with the 6 vane stainless pump, OP ride plate, and reeds (in that order) forget the grate unless you are riding in the chop all the time and need hook up (stock grate is faster in smoother water). The 97 swirl impeller is a good one and should get you very close to or even above 60mph - I would keep that just check your wear ring clearances to make sure they are within tolerance as this will affect performance. 6 Vane stainless - a must. Reeds will give you very snappy throttle. Keep your eyes open for high compression domes, I bought some hot seat ones a while back and they made a noticeable difference on my 900 as well. Just make sure you do all of the necessary maintenance before you start bolting on upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris_Nut#1 View Post
    you should already have the exteneded pump and the stock rideplate is decent. I'd go with a 6 vane stainless steel stator section if your pump has the black 5 vane.

Edit: more durable, better performance.
    One of them is a silver 6 blade the other ski is a black 6 blade. Does this make any sence because I'm unsure of what came with them?

Quote Originally Posted by urugol View Post
    You are on the right track, definately go with the 6 vane stainless pump, OP ride plate, and reeds (in that order) forget the grate unless you are riding in the chop all the time and need hook up (stock grate is faster in smoother water). The 97 swirl impeller is a good one and should get you very close to or even above 60mph - I would keep that just check your wear ring clearances to make sure they are within tolerance as this will affect performance. 6 Vane stainless - a must. Reeds will give you very snappy throttle. Keep your eyes open for high compression domes, I bought some hot seat ones a while back and they made a noticeable difference on my 900 as well. Just make sure you do all of the necessary maintenance before you start bolting on upgrades
    I ordered the 'O' op ride plate because this thing porposes bad and the lake I'm on is choppy 3/4 of the time.

Thread Information