Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FZS riva reduction nozzle or R&D nozzle....any thoughts?

I have seen posts where some guys go with the nozzle reduction to help get rpms where they need to be. is this a good option? I know that the perfectly pitched prop is hard to come by. Can one of these nozzles help eliminate a repitching of a prop? Also, is riva better than the R&D? Is installation easy? Thanks.

+1
    To my knowledge, R&D doesn't sell an adjustable nozzle. The R&D nozzles are a specific size whereas the Riva nozzle can accept different rings. IMO repitching is pretty stright forward and just takes some patients. What are you RPMs at? and where do you want them?

Here's a link on repitching: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...op-bending-101
    Here'e how I did it (see post #2): http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1514846

Thanks for the info. I am only at about 7500 with the 13/22 (not sure on TRUE pitch....out of box). I need to get up to over 8000 rpms, so I have some work. I am probably just going to guess and get a new and verified pitched prop from impros.

+1
    Don't just guess at it. Email Dave at Impros and he will give you a recommendation. He's very timely as well.

+1
    Get a set of gauges from mikeFZR even if you don't want to pitch your prop. That way you will know what your prop is when you get it.

Here's Mike's gauge on my 160 13/19 (that I can't turn ):

+1
    Craig, I know a way you can turn that 160mm prop...... http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1728

Ok back to topic now

Craig, has your buddy tried out the plate yet? I am seeing posts from guys claiming that the modded VX plate works better the more power their ski has. Maybe I just need the turbo kit to smooth things out.

+1
    We ALL need a turbo...

No the plate is still in the back seat of my truck. Was supposed to put it on tonight but didn't get to it. My buddy wants it bad.

Regarding your thread Mr. Batts, your prop needs to be pitched correctly. This is what we all search for on our ski's--the correct pitch. I've been told that the stock nozzles are good unless going with a larger prop/liner. Just budget some money for props and/or having them pitched. That or study-up on pitching and start practicing with your stocker.

My .02.

Sounds good and accurate. I just haven't had time to try and take off the prop. Everybody says it isn't too bad. I have a new 14/21 from impros to at least try out. I know it won't get me where I need to be, but it will get me closer. Was it easy for you to bust the prop loose?

+1
    It's very easy to take a prop off. Take out the pump and secure it in a good vice and then use a 6 foot breaker bar and you'll get it off no problem. Just use anti sieze when reinstalling the prop. Torque the prop to German specs (glutan tight) when reinstalling.

In my expirence, a modded vx plate works better with more power. Once you hit 80+ that doesnt apply.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information