sl 750 oil pump question

hey guys just bought two 95 750s that dont run, im finding some parts here and there that i need off ebay, i definately want to do the block off oil kit and run premix only, have a few questions that i could not find, can i just remove the oil pump gear and bolt the pump housing back on and just plug the hoses ? also have a few other questions do i run the hose from the fuel pump to the same spot on the bottom of the block where the nipple sticks out, kinda confused on some things and any help would be greatly appreciated. both motors are out btw

The hose going to the bottom of the engine is the vacuum that runs the pump. It should hook up to the barb in the center of the fuel pump. I can't think of any reason why you couldn't just put the pump back on as a block-off if you already removed the gears

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by leathermx View Post
    two 95 750s that dont run.....i definately want to do the block off oil kit and run premix only.....can i just remove the oil pump gear and bolt the pump housing back on and just plug the hoses?

....do i run the hose from the fuel pump to the same spot on the bottom of the block where the nipple sticks out
    Actually, the Mikuni oil pumps used on Polaris skis is very reliable. The only parts that are of real concern are the hoses and clamps. I lost the center piston in my 780 6 years ago and automatically assumed the problem was the oil pump. I went pre-mix assuming that was a must for reliability. In retrospect I realized the problem was the ski still had OEM oil lines and that the CEN oil line had cracked and it went without lube. I got tired of pre-mixing so last year I bought an oil pump and linkage and reinstalled the oil system on the ski. I love it because you just pull up to the gas station, pump, and go. No mixing bottles, no oil bottle to carry......no guess work.

I would suggest you leave the pump as is, install all new lines and oil filter, and just use the oiling system.

If you go premix I suppose you could use the pump as the block off, but I think it would be better to have an actual block off plate. Even with the gear removed I'm not sure how well the pump would behave in response to the constant pressure and vacuum created by the crank webs.

Yes, the nipple on the bottom of the engine case goes to the pulse fitting on the fuel pump.

KJ

Thread Information