Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Horrible low end bog, rebuilt carbs, no fuel flapper, few mods...

I bought the ski (2000 gp12r) and as soon as i got it on the water, when i hit WOT at anything under 3k rpms the engine just bogs down, does not usually die but slowly accelerates. So i tore into the carbs, rebuilt them, removed the fuel flapper. When i turn the ski off the pv valves move twice, with the seat off on the water i gave it a little gas i did not see them move. The ski has a d plate, jet works bypass. Compression shows 120 121 121 on cylinders. Plugs look good.

Is there a way to test the pv system without having to buy a new servo motor?, or is there something more simple i should be looking into. The ski seems just fine at anything above 4k rpm, i got it up to 65 on stock speedo today.

I have a GP800 and know nothing about it its my fall back ski when nothing else wants to run. But it makes those adjustments on shut down as well. I would look elsewhere.sounds to me like the carbs needs tuned.

If anyone in the Northwest (portland, OR) area can help me out i would be willing to pay.. i want to get my ski on the water with no problems this summer :-/

+1
    have you tried fattening up the low speed jets?

+1
    sounds to me like the powervalves are stuck open. does not work until you hit 4k rpm's then runs great, this is classic PV issue.

If they are stuck open can i close them and test that it works better on the bottom end? Or should i replace the servo that controls them?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by soulraver View Post
    If they are stuck open can i close them and test that it works better on the bottom end? Or should i replace the servo that controls them?
    Yeah uplug the servo motor and close them then go run it. Should be great on bottom and crap on top end.

Might be a stupid question but how do i close them.. i mean i can figure out how to actually do it but which way do i know is closed vs open ?

looking at the power valve wheel from the back of the ski, turning the wheel clockwise is closed and ccw is open

Thank you for the quick reply.. before i did that i decided to open up one of the pv covers.. this is what i found.. i know its my first time with a pv engine but i know this can't be right, lots of gunk and such.. the pv's move fine left right when unhooked, but i don't see them moving when on the water, could this be the problem? what should i do about this ?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0081.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	243689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0082.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	243690

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information