98 SLTH MFD question

I have read and downloaded all the info I can find on this model, this site is very useful... I just purchased a 98 SLTH, I havent had it out yet, as I want to change the fuel hose per recommendations on this site first, but it seems to run well on the trailer...

My question is about the MFD.. when i installed the new battery (AGM) the MFD powered right up.. Seems to work and display fine, but i thought once the engine was off it should time itself out and turn off? Seems that the clock, oil and fuel levels, ect.. are still on even 2 hours after letting it sit... for fear of killing my new battery or burining out the display I unscrew the neg side of the battery... Am I missing a power switch somewhere? Or what could the problem be? Thanks for any info...

Quote Originally Posted by andysperformance View Post
    I have read and downloaded all the info I can find on this model, this site is very useful... I just purchased a 98 SLTH, I havent had it out yet, as I want to change the fuel hose per recommendations on this site first, but it seems to run well on the trailer...

My question is about the MFD.. when i installed the new battery (AGM) the MFD powered right up.. Seems to work and display fine, but i thought once the engine was off it should time itself out and turn off? Seems that the clock, oil and fuel levels, ect.. are still on even 2 hours after letting it sit... for fear of killing my new battery or burining out the display I unscrew the neg side of the battery... Am I missing a power switch somewhere? Or what could the problem be? Thanks for any info...
    What you observed is normal. In the sleep mode the MFD will display Fuel, Oil and Clock. In the sleep mode the MFD drawes about 2 Mili amps of current. At this rate it would take months for the battery to run down.
    Hopes this helps.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Your MFD is operating normally.

Do the recommended maintenance and checks before you take it to the water.

Carb rebuild is recommended as insurance against lean burn engine damage.

Check cylinder compression, and check the jet pump.

More info via my signature links.

Thread Information