Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

Thumbs up Looking for more speed on an '01 XLT

Hey everyone I am looking to make my 01 XLT 1200 just a little faster. I'm lookin to pick up 3 miles or so. All I want is to do is jump over that one wall that I like to call the 60mph barrier. Right now I'm toping out at 58, pushing 59 on a good day on my XLT. I want to hit 61-62. That's it. I posted this same thread at PWC Today & everyone's got diferent opinions on how fast it'll go & how I shouldn't do it & that I'm wasting my time. Then someone told me to post here at greenhulk so here I am... Anyone parting out their ski & getting rid of some aftermarket parts? I heard that some GP1200 parts also fit my XLT1200. Is this so? I know it's the same 6V engine. I am savy when it comes to the wrenching but I don't want to make any mistakes. I think this XLT hull is a good ski all around. It needs some $$$ to go over that 60mph barrier but thats all I want. Any help is welcome! Thanks guys.

+1
    welcome to the forum. you came to the right place, and you will find yourself here all hours of the night gaining valuable info, haha. i guess the first thing to say is, parts from the gpr will interchange, not the gp. the gpr has the 66v engine. just to clarify. and i guess the next would be to ask if you have any modifcations done already. does it have a aftermarket rideplate? or prop?there are many many ways to get you over that barrier and i think in no time at all you will be wanting to go a little faster. most of the parts you could probably find in the yamaha classified section, good used.either way, you are in the best place on the web to have your questions answered. we have the top tuners, owners, builders, of the fastest,and quickest watercraft in the world here. sea-doo, yamaha, and whatever those other brands are called. haha again, i crack myself up. cheers and happy reading

+1
    and that is a nice looking ski you have there

Thanks dude. I definately look forward to ppl's help here. I currently installed an R&D ride plate & an R&D intake grate just yesterday so I have yet to test it. Jim down here in Palm Harbor, Fl has a Solas Concord impeller 12-18 pitch that may help. Will it? & how much with those 3 parts? Thanx dude.

+1
    i bet you are already over your hump. there's a guy in fl. jim's1300 is his screen name. jim and mike's performance is the company. he can take care of your needs. he has some superfast rideplates. i think that prop might be just right for you

+1
    pwc today is a complete joke from what i hear. i never even bothered checking it out

+1
    Welcome to the Forum !
    Nice boat !

As Suckmywake said Jim is definitely the man when it comes to the XLT platform, and he is close by you !

+1
    Glad to see you made it over Maniac

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks guys. Yeah, I think were talking about the same Jim from Palm Harbor, Fl. I bought the rideplate & intake grate form his friend Denis who has a 72mph XLT built by Jim or something like that. They're cool ppl. They gave me alot of tips on gaining a couple miles just from minor changes.
    As for PWC Today, as u all may know, SBT bought that site about 10 months ago or so. Before even becoming a member, I had heard stories that u can't even state a negative opinion about their SBT engines overthere. If u do, they delete ur account & worst of all, u have all those members that ride standups that are constantly talking $h!t about us. I could care less about their opinions, I don't take them to heart but they can get a bit annoying. I'm hoping I get the answers I need here at Greenhulk which by the looks of the hospitality of other members, I will. I look forward to getting to know all of u more. Thanx for the warm welcome guys.

+1
    Yeah, I would rather take a beating than try to get advise or an answer to a question about a "couch" over there.

We are a reletively new forum, but are already light years ahead of most in the speed and performance game. It is mostly due to a select few top tuners and builders that have made this site home.

Jim is a great guy and wont steer you wrong.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information