Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

300 X Jumpability ?????

I used to lover to jump my Ultra 150 into orbit off breakers, rollers, boat wakes whatever I could. I traded it in for an 07 250x and it's extremely hard to get the blue barge air born, and when you do its hard to get it to land right and usually take a face full of spray over the hood and i'm missing the jumping aspect of skiing. I have been thinking about trading it in for a 300x and have been reading up on peoples opinions of the new ski and how much different it is... Soooooo, does the new ski jump any better than the 250 does ??

Don't the Ultra's have two 3 inch air vents (or there abouts) under the rear seat that go directly into the hull?

When I jump (I have a Yammy) and land, half my ass end of the ski goes in the water.

If I done that on an Ultra, would i have the need to block those two holes?

I'm not being a smart arse, I am just curious. I would love an Ultra 300 as a second ski.

+1
    the 250 is a heavy ski which requires you to really lift the front up on a wave otherwise it will land flat hulled, if you land flat hulled you risk the chance of breaking the s/c off the side of the engine as its a heavy weight hanging their.

kk the holes are under the seat with 2ft of flex tubing attached, ive always removed the flex and never had any issue with water intering the vents.
    believe me the 300 would more than replace your first ski if you ever got one, improved over the 250/260 in everyway possible plus feels that much lighter and nimble.

+1
    "if you land flat hulled you risk the chance of breaking the s/c off the side of the engine as its a heavy weight hanging their.".............That's a new one I've never heard of....Has this happened to any body ???

+1
    wouldnt have posted it up if it were rubbish im talking from wave jumping not riding in the ocean.

Let me say this... I have the RXTX AS and by far the 300X destroys me out of the hole. However, when it comes to playfulness the 300 is garbage. I rode my friends and w the trim all the way up I could barely lift the nose out of the water during the hole shot. When I trim up on my RXTX the ski will jump not just once but several times before plaining off. I like the 300 if we are talking off shore racing or travel but when it comes to jumping forget it. Get an FZS or RXTX. BY far and away far better choices.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by coachfarnen View Post
    Let me say this... I have the RXTX AS and by far the 300X destroys me out of the hole. However, when it comes to playfulness the 300 is garbage. I rode my friends and w the trim all the way up I could barely lift the nose out of the water during the hole shot. When I trim up on my RXTX the ski will jump not just once but several times before plaining off. I like the 300 if we are talking off shore racing or travel but when it comes to jumping forget it. Get an FZS or RXTX. BY far and away far better choices.
    Funny thing is my 300 will get the grate out of the water on a dead stop full throttle take off..............
    so something is wrong with your buddies ski

True the ultra platform is not the easiest to jump but once you realize WHEN & HOW you have to hit the wave you WILL and CAN get as much air as all the other pogo stick's out their !!! how do I know this ...Just the last 4 years of playing in the ocean and waves etc.

Waz

look for Marc on the GH site he is the guy with 3-4metre air shots on a 250 x....

+1
    whatever floats your boat but we were talking of jumping surf swell/waves not jumping out of the hole like a pogo stick, see guys doing it all the time on their rxp's/rxtxs big deal and think look at those wankers lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by coachfarnen View Post

+1
    I love the 260X, 300X is a monster!

We already have an fzs, it feels like I could break that hull in half at will, my wife rides it and don't want to destroy it on her. It's actually longer on the trailer and looks bigger than the 250, but is WAY more playful, 250 will destroy it in the chop. I've got pics jumping 10 15 feet off swells with the 150, you couldn't hurt that hull, and it Always landed ass first and would rarely flat land. The 250 is a bear to jump correctly and without busting your ass on a flat landing. Wondering if the 300 with trim is any better.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information