Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Broward FL
    Posts
    264
    +1
    1

    VX Cr 2008 , Problem!!

    ok guys got a problem that am trying to solve.. about a month ago while riding my engine sensor came on.. i slowed down immediately and started out checking the engine.. i took the ski off then restarted it and continued to ride, after that it never came on.. after that a week passed and my battery was dead, so i changed it cause most of the cells had died ( had this battery for 3 yrs).. after i changed it to a new one that has same voltage but different ampage... i then rode it and after about 20 mins into riding the engine sensor buzzed again, restarted it and after riding 10 mins buzzer came on again..

    now i made checks and all seemed to be great :

    *water coming out of cooling line
    * rpms are great along with normal top speed
    *engine mounts are intact
    *battery pole tightened
    *engine is running perfect..

    Now i think this is a case of having a bad sensor, but i carried the ski out again the other week and like the week before the sensor came on 20 mins into the ride.. after restarting the ski a couple times for the sensor to clear the battery had been dead..
    i took it out and found that the water in two cells were low, so i filled back up and gave it a charge, when installing it back i got a spark for the pole ( something in the ski may have still be on but i dont know what).. after that i took it out again and the ski ran great till the sensor came on again.. so i was thinkin i really need to change the sensor.. but yesterday i took it out and like again the sensor came on , but this time the battery died on me in the water.. i took out the battery this morning and found it to be completely dead.. am currently leaving it on a overnight charge ...

    my question is , is there something that is draining the battery down so much??
    does this ski have some type of alternator in it so that the battery can maintain some charge???

    and can it be that the battery being so low that it causes the engine sensor to come on??


  2. #2
    Greetings from Ireland
    Same thing happened to me to the point where it was driving me mental !!! in the end it was such a simple
    fix and something that I never checked. The connector from ECU to the Voltage Rectifier/Regulator had come
    out due to the vibration of the ski therefore the battery was not getting charged and causing the sensor to
    come on but only after about 10-20 mins out. Chances are if you press down on your dash you will get the
    code 19 which is incorrect battery voltage. The Voltage Regulator is on the left side of the ski as you sit on
    it, its just above the oil filter its a ridged box underneath that is the connector that you are looking for
    chances are its just hanging there. Just connect it back in to the regulator and you should be brand new ??

  3. #3
    This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Broward FL
    Posts
    264
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by misterjay View Post
    Greetings from Ireland
    Same thing happened to me to the point where it was driving me mental !!! in the end it was such a simple
    fix and something that I never checked. The connector from ECU to the Voltage Rectifier/Regulator had come
    out due to the vibration of the ski therefore the battery was not getting charged and causing the sensor to
    come on but only after about 10-20 mins out. Chances are if you press down on your dash you will get the
    code 19 which is incorrect battery voltage. The Voltage Regulator is on the left side of the ski as you sit on
    it, its just above the oil filter its a ridged box underneath that is the connector that you are looking for
    chances are its just hanging there. Just connect it back in to the regulator and you should be brand new ??
    thanks man.. i checked out the alternator and the connector to the ecu to it was hooked up really tight.. i took out the cables and it turns out it was a bit of fouled, so i got some electrical fluid and cleaned out the connector and socket..

    Someone took out my battery off the charger last nite so am waiting on it to fully charge..

    i never checked codes on my ski, do i have to start it then hold down the buttons or jus put the key in and hold the button?? and is there a particular button .e.g. volt/hr or the mph/kph button to press or jus hold down all four??

  4. #4
    Start the Ski on the hose or on the water hold the reset button on the dash for between 10 and 15 seconds and the code will start to flash. If you get 01 then that means that nothing is wrong and you are sorted !! I would say that the plug was fouled was your problem, fingers crossed for you let me know how you get on .....

  5. #5
    01 Normal
    13 Pickup coil malfunction
    15 Engine temperature sensor malfunction
    18 Throttle position sensor malfunction
    19 Incorrect battery voltage
    23 Intake air temperature sensor malfunction
    24 Cam position sensor malfunction
    29 Intake air pressure sensor malfunction
    47 Slant detection switch malfunction
    48 Incorrect data transmission
    54 Bypass valve motor malfunction
    55 Steering switch malfunction
    63 Intake air system malfunction

  6. #6
    This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Broward FL
    Posts
    264
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by misterjay View Post
    Start the Ski on the hose or on the water hold the reset button on the dash for between 10 and 15 seconds and the code will start to flash. If you get 01 then that means that nothing is wrong and you are sorted !! I would say that the plug was fouled was your problem, fingers crossed for you let me know how you get on .....
    Thanks for the help , it was greatly appreciated.. i just have to wait on my battery.. will let u know how it turns out

  7. #7
    This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Broward FL
    Posts
    264
    +1
    1
    Got back my battery to the full charge, ski started great.. ran it on the hose and checked the codes.. got a 01 so am in the all clear.. however if it does happen again i think i may have gotten a bad battery...

    thanks for the list of codes..saved them

  8. #8
    Nice one, turned out good in the end lol

  9. #9
    This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Broward FL
    Posts
    264
    +1
    1
    did some testeing and back to square one.. the switching of batteries did not help. so i think the rectifier isnt working.. is there a fuse that can be blown casuing the rectifier not to be working??

  10. #10
    This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Broward FL
    Posts
    264
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by smohammed View Post
    did some testeing and back to square one.. the switching of batteries did not help. so i think the rectifier isnt working.. is there a fuse that can be blown casuing the rectifier not to be working??
    ok just called Riva and in most instances they had with code 19 was that the rectifier was no longer working. If it had been a fuse the ski would not been able to start..

    $212.94 for the new rectifier.. at least problems solved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Yamaha VX fuel pump problems
    By EmeraldCoastRacing in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-10-2015, 09:37 PM
  2. 2008 vx cruiser oil problem
    By luna007 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 12:18 PM
  3. Yamaha VX Sport Battery Problems .....
    By misterjay in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 04:48 PM
  4. vx deluxe rpm problems
    By mck542 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 08:26 PM
  5. VX Deluxe 2008 Stuffing Kit
    By benjuk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 01:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •