Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Angry bad luck follows me

i was out today breaking in the freshly rebuilt engine and bam oil light comes on, im thinking the sensor wire popped off agian. so i limp back to the dock and the engines stumbling, i got on the trailer and the hull is filled with oil no oil on the dipstick. got it home and found what looked to be like a bottom case oil drain plug. lifted the motor and sure enough the front drain plug on the bottom case is gone wtf!!!!!! i didnt even touch this plug during the rebuild, the plug had no factory lock tite on it. motor sounded chattery and the end when loading up i think i may have fried my crank and rod bearings. all because of a stupid f^#@ plug that i never even touched. i going to put some new oil in it and see what happens looking like im pulling the motor agian. im sure i will need a crank too f*%& me running.

+1
    Bad luck

Good reason to take a look under the seat if you get an oil light!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    i was out today breaking in the freshly rebuilt engine and bam oil light comes on, im thinking the sensor wire popped off agian. so i limp back to the dock and the engines stumbling, i got on the trailer and the hull is filled with oil no oil on the dipstick. got it home and found what looked to be like a bottom case oil drain plug. lifted the motor and sure enough the front drain plug on the bottom case is gone wtf!!!!!! i didnt even touch this plug during the rebuild, the plug had no factory lock tite on it. motor sounded chattery and the end when loading up i think i may have fried my crank and rod bearings. all because of a stupid f^#@ plug that i never even touched. i going to put some new oil in it and see what happens looking like im pulling the motor agian. im sure i will need a crank too f*%& me running.
    If it was one of the 8 plugs on the bottom there is no way to rebuild the engine without touching them, all have to be removed to do the rebuild. Sorry to hear that for you!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    If it was one of the 8 plugs on the bottom there is no way to rebuild the engine without touching them, all have to be removed to do the rebuild. Sorry to hear that for you!
    Didnt' run it on hose first?

+1
    it was the small oil drain plug up front on the bottom case. it was going on 5hrs everything was fine the plug backed itself out, how i dont know. i put the plug back in with some red locktite but i think my bearings are already gone. the thing that really pisses me off is that i never touched that plug it didnt have locktite from the factory. ive got the blues

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    those 8 plugs are not going anywhere because i put them in with locktite it was the acutual drain plug up front looks like the crank lock plug, but its on the bottom case

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    Bad luck

Good reason to take a look under the seat if you get an oil light!
    it was 9:00 pm heading back and it was pretty dark didnt have a flashlight. i think the bailers were removing most of the oil

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    those 8 plugs are not going anywhere because i put them in with locktite it was the acutual drain plug up front looks like the crank lock plug, but its on the bottom case
    I know it sucks but its better to pull it and start over before you kill the block, crank, and etc.

+1
    That sucks. When the oil light comes on and stays steady on you really should stop.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Son of a , Man it makes me sick to hear this mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information