riva top loader review????

i was thinking about buying the intake grate for my 01 gpr but read on some threads here that some grates can cause loss of top end... anyone know how this one is and or if there is another intake grate that will give me better hook up in semi chop water and out of the whole but without a loss of top end?

none, the Riva and R&D 1200 grate are the same grate different finish
    The R&D 800 grate has slightly more speed, means less loss, but will cavitate given the right conditions.
    The Worx grate is a very good overall grate but some have reported loss in speed over 70 mph...
    I have went 72.7 with a Worx grate... back when...
    If I were to choose another grate the Worx has my vote...

so in essence they all cause a loss over the oem, but provide better hook up and reportedly a safety concern...
    always best to check all inserts and brackets when replacing the grate, and ride plate, and maybe necc to install a beefy front intake grate mount if modding the ski heavily...

read up in the Faqs and how to``s, and search the forum for fact and opinions about the grates...

well im def not hitting 70mph lol gps 62. but yea i dont want to lose speed. shes all stock minus d plate and wave eaters... might be buying a impeller also but not 100% just want a little hook up and better on the top end lol... would you say the worx is the way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffyp06 View Post
    well im def not hitting 70mph lol gps 62. but yea i dont want to lose speed. shes all stock minus d plate and wave eaters... might be buying a impeller also but not 100% just want a little hook up and better on the top end lol... would you say the worx is the way to go?
    some would argue, change out your OEM intake grate. I would also think at your speeds you are fine with the stocker for now... There are a few stock GPR`s here that are untouched and abused and still running fine... and they are not interested in a ski forum or any aftermarket parts...
    for example> if you used a skat prop which is very good down low and mid, you`d want the grate to compliment the hook up...
    and if you chose Solas, you`d still want to install a grate from the added speed the prop would provide, given your ski is in very good mechanical condition/healthy.
    The Worx may be difficult to get, no more US sales, I believe they are in Australia tho... and pricey... look thru the classifieds, there was one listed pages back by 1BadSTV...
    IMHO the Worx fits very very well right out of the package unlike most "other" grates... some are good, and well some are @#$%...lol...
    a cheaper alternative is the R&D 1200 grate, just check fitment and adjust as necc...

have a plan on what you want to do, and riding conditions will dictate your choices...there are many examples here on the forum of speed VS hook up/rough water set ups...

Over 65 if you cut the throttle with the stock plate it has a tendancy to take a very hard left. The infamous - left hook. You almost to see it or better yet experience it to believe severe it is. It's like the ski is purposely trying to flip you off of it.

Like it was said above - you should be fine with it. But if you starting going faster watch out....

Thread Information