+1

3 Day 400 mile trip down the Chesapeake Bay/Potomic River to DC. (2010 RXT-X 260)

Well my 400 mile trip is coming up again this year. This year I will be riding on the Rxt-X 260. Yes, not much of a touring machine due to lack of storage space, but I think I can work around that. I made this trip on my 2008 Yamaha FX-SHO Cruiser and had a blast with 0 problems out of the ski last year. Now, is the test for the SEADOO. I just wanted to see if any of you guys had any suggestions what to check on this ski before departing. I have gone through the ski well I think, but always open to suggestions. I will end up putting 21 hours or so on the ski during the 3-Day event. If anyone is in the DC area, check out the link and come join on 16th.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...reedomride2011

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Well my 400 mile trip is coming up again this year. This year I will be riding on the Rxt-X 260. Yes, not much of a touring machine due to lack of storage space, but I think I can work around that. I made this trip on my 2008 Yamaha FX-SHO Cruiser and had a blast with 0 problems out of the ski last year. Now, is the test for the SEADOO. I just wanted to see if any of you guys had any suggestions what to check on this ski before departing. I have gone through the ski well I think, but always open to suggestions. I will end up putting 21 hours or so on the ski during the 3-Day event. If anyone is in the DC area, check out the link and come join on 16th.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...reedomride2011
    Make sure the S/C hose is on tight. They are notorious for coming off.

+1
    Bold,

Take the front bucket out and use big waterproof bags to store a ton of stuff up front! The Owners Manual even has a small note about taking the bucket out - it is fine. I put the fire extinguisher under the tank strap - holds great.

If your worried about stuff bouncing around, just strap it down.

I assume you have fresh oil/filter, plugs, tightened all bolts, nuts, hose clamps, pump area bolts and nuts......

Sounds like a fun trip. We are going to Lake Ouachita, Arkansas for a week 9-16 July, I'll put 30+ hours on mine!

+1
    Jptt7779, My ski currently has 26 hours on it. With a fresh oil change from winterizing this past year. I was going to take it in and get the 50hr service done prior to my 400 mile trip because I am afraid if I go over 50hrs and the service light comes on, what it will do. What do you think? Should I go ahead and do the service or wait until I come back and I will most likely go over the 50hr mark and I am sure the light will be on if I wait and make the trip prior to the service. I just dont want to void warranty or not sure what ski does when the wrench-light comes on. Any suggestions?

+1
    There is nothing to the 50 hour service, just lube and inspect. NOTHING happens to the ski with the "wrench" displayed and there is NO warranty issue either at 50 hours.

I DO change the oil/filter AND PLUGS every spring. I did have a plug issue one year and now I just change them. O'Rielly's Auto Parts has them for about $2.19 each - I buy a box of 10 at a time.

100 Hours on the SC is the big ticket item!

GO HAVE FUN and don't worry about it!

+1
    Check them pump support bolts. Make sure you spank some Kawi's and Yami's while your out!!! Good luck!

When are you making this trip and what course are you taking?

Sorry Dumb Dumb didnt check the link.lol

Thread Information