+1

Need new intercooler

Hey everyone, new to posting but been around a while. My gen 1 cooler started leaking so I`m in the market for a new one. Looking at silicone intakes type 3 cooler. My question is, will this fit using tubing and bracket from the riva cooler? Is this a good cooler to run? Dont really want to dump a ton of money on a new one. Btw, great site Jerry!

+1
    Sorry for the ignorance, is this the basic China made XS cooler that a lot of you guys are running? I'm new to the four stroke modding world, still stuck on the two's. Owned a stock rxp since '04 but bought this ski with mods already done and chasing problems now. Cooler was definitely leaking and shorty box getting way hot so I'm starting with the obvious and working my way through the ski. Haven't had a chance to start blowing out lines to check for clogs, but it does have the groco strainer on it. Has 42's with S3 wheel..box is melting the glass underneath...any suggestions?

+1
    To invest a couple of hundred dollars on an XS type Chinese core is a waste of money, I didn't realise until I got my Motec & was able to log. The XS cooler I have has intake temps up around 131F on my boat, the same set up on a friends boat same day but with a Bell intercooler has intake temps around 70F... (about the same as ambient air temp) Huge difference meaning huge performance gains.... why have a cooler if it's not cooling the air???

My new Bell intercooler arrived this week, hope to do back to back testing with Motec logging real soon.

Pictures of the new cooler
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1730358

+1
    I would love to see the results. Just finished stuffing the type 3 in the ski. On the hose way more water flow. I thought that gen 1 was a little plugged, holy crap, the new one flowed twice the water and water box and j pipe never even started to get warm. Water test hopefully Monday. Happy for now

Thread Information