+1

2005 RXP ISSUES.....Crap

OK, back to the whole open loop, fully modded Riva stage 3 boat issues. I have done everything i can think of. Hers whats been done
    Checked plugs = clean
    PTO/DS area= clean
    Pulled sc and checked piping to intercooler=clean clean clean

Played with valve today since i dont have the riva therm for open loop boats, i ran it hard for 15-30 seconds and ran wot, i purposely closed the valve some to see if it would heat up the motor and stop puking oil out of the exhaust. The hot temp beeped, i rolled to a idle. and the boat is still puking oil......WTF???

I have been told the oil cooler could be bad casuing it to this but, boy i truly dont think the Riva term is going to help my problem...Anyone have anything else i should look at before throwing more money at the freaking thing...Thanks

+1
    Is your engine losing oil at a fast rate? How do you have the oil cooler water lines routed? Where are you dumping the oil cooler water? (EX:into the exhaust, over the side)

+1

answers

Its a JD open loop, and its routed off his diagram, i am losing about 1 qt for every 12-14 gal of gas, it will be off dip stick after a full tank...so frustrating. I dont have the riva therm....And its been mentiponed that it will stop GOI etc..but, i either have a bad oil cooler/or seal/gasket ????I guess??? I am not super mechanically inclind tho...hmmm

+1
    all my issues are 100% coming out of the exhaust. when u shut it off, it leaks for a few then stops wont leakout if not running, at idle/shut etc it is leaving a oil slick....so frustrating

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabeGoing80 View Post
    all my issues are 100% coming out of the exhaust. when u shut it off, it leaks for a few then stops wont leakout if not running, at idle/shut etc it is leaving a oil slick....so frustrating
    If the intake side is all clean with no oil, I would say you are looking at a valve sealing issue. It could be worn guides or a valve stem seal.

Have you done a compression test or a leak down test?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabeGoing80 View Post
    If you have oil coming out of the exhaust you got major problems.
    Could the oil cooler be leaking, then that water goes to the exhaust? I have no idea on the water routing for JD's open loop.

+1

rxp

Guys,

I will do a compressions check when i get the riva therm for open loop boats. I am down about 2-300 rpms fromt he exact conditions from last year. so maybe i have lost some compression...Do you guys reccomend anyone in al that could help me if it is internal? thats reasonable and not a dealer

+1
    The exhaust is spitting a mix of oil (light) slick on water and obviously water, if that helps

+1
    If I am not mistaken, water4fire had a problem that sounds like this, drove him nuts, I think it ended up being valve stem seals. I can tell u that Gas in oil is bad for seals of any type.

Thread Information