weird electrical problem on gp1200r

ok my gp1200r started some crazy stuff yesterday and after 8 hours of searching I am worse off now than before...
    prob 1 ski was running perfect all day till I turned sharp left and spun it around.. after this it would leave good out of the hole but rpms would fall off and limit speed to about 40 and would do this every time.. putted to the ramp and loaded up. checked compression 125 on all three...

started searching for the problem today and along comes a hole another issue.. ski turned over once then seemed to lose all power.. after hours and hours of searching, I discovered a lose ground inside the electrical box. cleaned everything and now ski will turn over but has no spark.. checked leads coming from cdi box to the coils with a test light and get nothing.. does this mean a bad cdi or is there something else I am missing here. PLEASE any help with this would be appreciated..

ski is a 2001 gp1200r with d plate and chip, ride plate, grate, trim tabs, and a solas 13/19

anyone have any ideas

that hapend 2 me,and my cdi went bad, so i got a used cdi,connected a ground 2 cdi box 2 battery,and it works fine

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that has had this kind of problem.. had me wondering

check your sensor on exhaust first Lcarlson said this could happen,if u have repair manuel look it up and it will tell u how 2 check it! also look on forum and find used cdi new ones are @$ 600 i would try and by the whole electric box,

if you need a stock cdi i have one, pm me an offer for it

Thanks john but I already purchased an electrical box from another member.. after today not sure if i need it anymore. I decided to go back thru all the electric on this ski and after ohming thru all the connectors I found two bad pins on the main 5 wire plug. black and orange and also the red and white. so I cut everything out and rewired and the ski fires up first try now. Once I get in some lake time I will find out if this is also what caused the rpms to cut back or if it was a different problem.

Thread Information