Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621

    is tis normal for Rotax Clutch?

    i went to test the ski with the new Rotax Clutch 2day,after warming up go WOT and the rpm dropped to about 7200 then the rpm keep stay below 8000..after riding for half an hour the rpm seems to shoot up over 8000++....b4 i install the Rotax Clutch everything was fine,anyone using the Rotax Clutch encounter tis problem?plz advice tks...


  2. #2
    RichieFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    2,093
    +1
    4
    Sounds like to much slip Tyson. Did you check the torque specs?

  3. #3
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    Sounds like to much slip Tyson. Did you check the torque specs?
    i torque it below 9NM according to the instruction tat said dun go over 10NM..

  4. #4
    Jet-Sen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denderhoutem, Belgium
    Posts
    78
    after fix it witch the torque wrench have you checked the slip with a indicator torque wrech ??

    The same can happen when you don't check it and it is to tight you still have clutches that fail.

    here we first fix it with a digital torque wrench.



    and then check the point of slip with another wrench.


  5. #5
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Sen View Post
    after fix it witch the torque wrench have you checked the slip with a indicator torque wrech ??

    The same can happen when you don't check it and it is to tight you still have clutches that fail.

    here we first fix it with a digital torque wrench.



    and then check the point of slip with another wrench.

    oh ok...noted tks

  6. #6
    Addicted Member 5001craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    Sounds like to much slip Tyson. Did you check the torque specs?
    Wouldn't the sprag clutch have to be bad and slipping for slip to cause this?

  7. #7
    RichieFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    2,093
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Wouldn't the sprag clutch have to be bad and slipping for slip to cause this?
    Yeah , something is not right. Keep us posted Tyson.

  8. #8
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Wouldn't the sprag clutch have to be bad and slipping for slip to cause this?
    No because with the Rotax Racing clutch slipping the supercharger won't build boost.

    Tyson, your slip is too low. Don't keep running the ski like that otherwise you will burn out the clutch washers.

  9. #9
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    No because with the Rotax Racing clutch slipping the supercharger won't build boost.

    Tyson, your slip is too low. Don't keep running the ski like that otherwise you will burn out the clutch washers.
    ok Jerry i will have it torque again..tks

  10. #10
    Addicted Member 5001craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    No because with the Rotax Racing clutch slipping the supercharger won't build boost...

    Wouldn't the sprag clutch build boost (if it's working of course) even if there was slip on the secondary clutch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-02-2016, 07:56 PM
  2. Is this normal for a trailer? Wheels are angled inwards at top
    By BobOnThis in forum Towing and Trailers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-13-2015, 10:48 AM
  3. Hot water from the PUMP while on hose, Is it normal for a 300lx??
    By cphillips1982 in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 01:44 AM
  4. 2006 rxp, 69mph on speedo is this normal for my mods?
    By tocullo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 06:39 AM
  5. Is it normal for the cylinders not to be the same size?
    By jpa1300 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •