Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Exclamation !!!--Gauge/Cluster Pairing with ECM..

Ok so here is the deal thanks in advance for any imput... ok so i bought a almost new 14hr gauge cluster from an 07 rxt due to mines got mess up for water injection. and due to dat my ski started to not pass over 3500 rpm they told me that since the cluster was in short it send a signal to the computer and the ski wont rev... so i got the new one today and when i installed the ski cranks but does not start so i believe that is becouse the cluster needs to be programmed to my ski???? this is my theory i need from you guru's members to help me on this is it true it needs to be pair into my ski or is just a regular cluster swap and the ski wont start due to something else??????

You need to marry the new/used cluster to your ECU, or it will not start. You can do this with Candoopro, or take it to a dealer to have it married with BUDS.

+1
    damnn thankss for the info...dats why i love this forum so do u have any idea how much would they charge me for that???
    Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    You need to marry the new/used cluster to your ECU, or it will not start. You can do this with Candoopro, or take it to a dealer to have it married with BUDS.

+1
    [QUOTE=Rt-HemiBoY;1729803]damnn thankss for the info...dats why i love this forum so do u have any idea how much would they charge me for that???

Take it over to PPG in Dania and see Rob (service) Should not charge you much.

+1
    Wow that would be great but im looking for someone local here in miami that could do this so if anybody know let me know thankss glade anyways..[QUOTE=Glade Rider;1729858]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt-HemiBoY View Post
    damnn thankss for the info...dats why i love this forum so do u have any idea how much would they charge me for that???

Take it over to PPG in Dania and see Rob (service) Should not charge you much.

I got 2006 RXP and the cluster is dead due to moister/water. I took the cluster and the fuse out to inspect. while they are both out, I was just currious that the engine would run without them. sure enough, it started right up and the rpm could go as high as it could be. Cluster is just display information in my opinion, I don't know why the system will need to have it... at least mine won't.

+1
    It will run with no cluster at all that new x- cluster is sweet, isn't it? lol

+1
    thats what i tough at he beguinning but apparently my cluster send a signal and put it on limp mode i believe that becouse my problem have beeb resolve already just got a new cluster and when to a local shop pay $120 and they marry it twith a candoo pro and finally my ski is running fine again......thanks everyone for the help.QUOTE=haikhanhjr;1735796]I got 2006 RXP and the cluster is dead due to moister/water. I took the cluster and the fuse out to inspect. while they are both out, I was just currious that the engine would run without them. sure enough, it started right up and the rpm could go as high as it could be. Cluster is just display information in my opinion, I don't know why the system will need to have it... at least mine won't.[/QUOTE]

I bought a new cluster, installed it, the engine would not run (this simaler to Hemiboy situation above). Took it to the local dealer here in DFW, programed it to the jet ski. the result is that the engine runs like it should be now. but the display somehow ain't right. it still shows 0 hr even though I took it out to the lake and ran for about 2 hrs. it also showed someother things like check engine, sensor, T###, and flashing maintenant. I also called a different dealer and asked them about pairing again beacuse I concern that the dealer did the job did not do it right. The answer that I got this time is that they told me they can do it but they have to update the software from Seadoo to work with my model. Does this sound like the dealer did not have right verson of the software or I had a defect unit. Please advice.
    Thanks,

Just want to update. I just spoke with the 2nd dealer and found out that I need the older version of the software (2006 in this case) in order to pair it correctly. does anyone have similar problem?
    THanks,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information