2005 seadoo rxt injector issue

I have a 2005 Seadoo rxt with 35 hours. Last week I went to use it and it would not start. It did turn over but flooded with gas on the # three cylinder. I pulled the plugs and found that the # 3 cylinder is being filled with gas. I depressurized the system and pulled the injector rail out of the manifold. I then did a check of the injectors. I found that when I put the key back in the machine it cycles gas out the # 3 injector. I replaced the injector thinking it was the problem. After installing the new injector it still is doing the same thing. I brought it to a seadoo shop to check for codes. None came up? The mechanic told me he thinks it's the ecu? I was wondering if anyone on this site has ever seen or heard of this problem. And if so how do you fix it

same problem here

Have the exact same problem, and noticed after pulling the injector rail out of the manifold, that #3 injector is open as soon as i insert the key.
    How did you repair your engine?

Pull the fuel rail out & put the lanyard in and see what injector or injectors keeps spraying or stuck open.
    Maybe another injector bad or ecu..

+1
    I had the same problem,also a flooded cylinder.
    At the time i had the grey riva injectors.
    Changed the injectors for bosch injectors and the problem was solved.
    You might wanna try another injector again,the new one might be bad to.
    Just change the bad injector to cil 1 or 2 on the fuelrail,if it still leaks you have a bad injector.
    Otherwise some ecu problems.

Quote Originally Posted by choatic View Post
    I have a 2005 Seadoo rxt with 35 hours. Last week I went to use it and it would not start. It did turn over but flooded with gas on the # three cylinder. I pulled the plugs and found that the # 3 cylinder is being filled with gas. I depressurized the system and pulled the injector rail out of the manifold. I then did a check of the injectors. I found that when I put the key back in the machine it cycles gas out the # 3 injector. I replaced the injector thinking it was the problem. After installing the new injector it still is doing the same thing. I brought it to a seadoo shop to check for codes. None came up? The mechanic told me he thinks it's the ecu? I was wondering if anyone on this site has ever seen or heard of this problem. And if so how do you fix it

+1
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, chaotic did you find a fix for your problem??? I have the exact same issue.

Thread Information