Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

soo this isnt good ???

short summary.. bought an 01 xp, prev. owner says runs great he always took care of it and has always run royal purple.. now to my knowledge royal garbage does not make an oil thats that is "to specs" for a seadoo.. well i take her out runs good but thing i noticed the most is that it wasnt hitting the upper rpms that it should be.. 6450 instead of the 7000+ from what i have read..

I pulled the carbs and cleaned the filters and replaced the fuel lines.. this got rid of the slight hesitation but rpms were still low.. i spent a lil time tonite reading the shop manual on my computer, and got curious. sooo i go out to the garage and pulled the rave valves, and this is what i find.. now im no genius but im pretty sure they are not supposed to look like this and could be what my problem is... tell me what you think..

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    YEPPER.....Thats a good start, yea i dont know about royal purple injection oil?

Some oils leave more junk on the powers valves than others. Clean them up and your top end should improve. As far as oils go from what I have read I would go with the SeaDoo XPS or Amsoil Interceptor.

+1
    That's exactly what your problem is. The RAVEs give that extra 500 rpm on top. Thats an easy fix. Clean them up and you should be good to go.

However, I hope that water is from you trying clean them before you took the pic. If those are straight out of the motor then you may have a problem. Waterleak, ingestion, or water in your gas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mibunkerking View Post
    That's exactly what your problem is. The RAVEs give that extra 500 rpm on top. Thats an easy fix. Clean them up and you should be good to go.

However, I hope that water is from you trying clean them before you took the pic. If those are straight out of the motor then you may have a problem. Waterleak, ingestion, or water in your gas.
    i pulled em straight out of the engine like that .. what do you think i should look into as far as a waterleak ingestion?? im hoping it might be moisture from the gas or just because there is soo much sludge on the rave valves...

How should i clean the cylinders because they are pretty caked up too? is it safe to let some of that crap get into the cylinders to burn off??

I only use seadoo xps in my machines..

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    yea if it gets in the cylinders it will blow out the exhaust eventually. just make sure if you start it up in the garage you have the back end of the ski pointing to the yard because I did this and permanently stained my work bench and concrete floor with this crap.

+1
    awesome thank you.. and yea last time i started the ski up in the garage i accidently opened the door to the house.. baaaad idea.. the house smelt like 2 stroke for a couple hours ... women do not like the smell of 2 stroke as much as i do...oops

+1
    Is this a 951?
    I'm also not hitting 7k rpm...wonder if mine look like that...how do they come out? Anything else I need to as far as removal or replacement I need to know if I pull them?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pulled the rave valves, and this is what i find.. now im no genius but im pretty sure they are not supposed to look like this and could be what my problem is... tell me what you think..
    [img
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/images/imported/2011/06/811.jpg[/img]
    It all most looks like the clown who own your ski before grease up your power valves with some axle grease.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tturbonegro View Post
    Is this a 951?
    I'm also not hitting 7k rpm...wonder if mine look like that...how do they come out? Anything else I need to as far as removal or replacement I need to know if I pull them?
    yes its a 951.. its just two allen head bolts and the raves should slide out.. mine were stuck, and i had to pull like heck to get them out..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information