09 RXTX Intercooler Relocation Issues....Again

This is in response to a thread I posted back on 6-5.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ion-Kit-vs-VTS

This weekend I got some more time to look at it and took the VTS out and the I/C Relocation Bracket and did the grinding and modification listed here(http://www.speedfreeksracing.com/sfr/techtips/2) that was recommended to me and re-installed it. Once Installed I tried using a long big pry bar to bend the bracket before I installed the intercooler. After working on it for over 4 hours the end result that I acheived is below. As you can see I would say it is now worse than before.

These pictures were taken with the VTS loose and pushed all the way to the right side. It is still hitting badly. I really don't know what else to do?

Does anyone on here have any more advice as to what to do before I send this $550 piece of crap back to RIVA with a little note inside telling them what I think of this product.

+1
    ill take a picture of mine. its the same way as yours, it doesnt effect anything with my ski.

I had to tweak my bracket also. If the top of intercooler is not touching or almost touching bottom of hull, then it is still to low.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Dam Joel. Sorry your still running into issues! Wish I could have made it out there to help some. This weekend I should be good to go. So hopefully we will get that all situated unless you are wanting to send it back to Riva.

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Dam Joel. Sorry your still running into issues! Wish I could have made it out there to help some. This weekend I should be good to go. So hopefully we will get that all situated unless you are wanting to send it back to Riva.
    I don't want to.....all my other mods depend on it......I am just upset that $550 for a piece of Aluminum and 2 pipes is not enough money for something quality that fits without modifying it. Oh I forgot that spending $550 is still not enough..I had to still buy the block off for another $19.

If I bought a junkyard kit from a guy with a piece of sheet metal and a stick welder and paid $150 I could understand it not fitting........I thought I bought something nice......

Rant Over. Can I ride my ski now?

Quote Originally Posted by OYESNOS View Post
    I had to tweak my bracket also. If the top of intercooler is not touching or almost touching bottom of hull, then it is still to low.
    I used a 4' long prybar. I bent the bracket until the actual aluminum plates started to deform. It almost touched the hull (I would say 1/8" at best) and still hits the VTS. When I try to install the pipe the hose really deforms and pulls away. I want it to be right, but I am ready to enjoy it some this year!

Thanks for the help!

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinlsol View Post
    I don't want to.....all my other mods depend on it......I am just upset that $550 for a piece of Aluminum and 2 pipes is not enough money for something quality that fits without modifying it. Oh I forgot that spending $550 is still not enough..I had to still buy the block off for another $19.

If I bought a junkyard kit from a guy with a piece of sheet metal and a stick welder and paid $150 I could understand it not fitting........I thought I bought something nice......

Rant Over. Can I ride my ski now?
    We could take that bracket out and hog/enlarge the mounting holes out. That way we can move it around before tightening them up. Maybe that will give us the movement we need. Bad thing is once you do that we cant send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    We could take that bracket out and hog/enlarge the mounting holes out. That way we can move it around before tightening them up. Maybe that will give us the movement we need. Bad thing is once you do that we cant send it back.
    We can try that or stack some washers between the fiberglass and bracket at the bottom mount of the bracket. I will have some time this weekend if you still want to mess with it.

Thanks again for all your help man!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinlsol View Post
    We can try that or stack some washers between the fiberglass and bracket at the bottom mount of the bracket. I will have some time this weekend if you still want to mess with it.

Thanks again for all your help man!
    I'll need 2 longer bolts.....stainless steel, same for the washers.

Thread Information