Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Locked up HX

Locked up HX

Ok, I have a 96 HX that has been quite a few mods to it. Factory pipe, carbs, pump, nozzle, UMI steering ect. I droped all my skis by to have them winterized yesterday and got a call today saying the HX is frozen up. I have not ridden that one in about two or three months. I had some one flood that one out a little one of the last times it was out. It has been run since but never back in the water.
    My question is how deep will I have to dig to get this fixed or how hard might it be to fix myself. If it is going to cost alot I may even consider parting the thing out to keep from losing all. I am open to suggestions here!

+1

Cool

Boy that suck, have the pump pulled just to make sure it's not porked, if motor -well how much do you love your HX?
    If it were me I would R&R whole motor over winter and have a great ski next season, parting out? Just sell ski as is OR ya know some guys have put 800 motors in there!

Anyways let not confuse the issue with facts

later cd

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    depends on how deep the rust it u may get lucky and just have to do top end that not hard i just rebuilt my frist seadoo motor 5months ago and with out a manual

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    If you only ran it on the trailer the crank bearings are probably frozen. You can pull the head to confirm the piston rings aren't the culprit. But...you probably need a new crank.

If you are lucky...your pump bearings went. Snatch the pump first to eliminate it and the bearing carrier. Then snatch the head.

Another one bites the dust...

Yep, it looks like it will be a pian in my tail all the way around. I was actually planning to get rid of it when the spring rolled back around. It has a bunch of mods and is pretty quick for an HX but just wasn't my style and awfully hard to ride for a larger guy.
    Looks like I will have to check into the cost of fixing it and then weigh that against selling as is or fxing and selling. I am not sure thatthe money invested in getting it fixed would be recoverable in resale.
    Anyone looking for a project? Hull is in great shape. Might even have a 2005 galvanized trailer that came with a 3D included.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Buds06RXP View Post
    Yep, it looks like it will be a pian in my tail all the way around. I was actually planning to get rid of it when the spring rolled back around. It has a bunch of mods and is pretty quick for an HX but just wasn't my style and awfully hard to ride for a larger guy.
    Looks like I will have to check into the cost of fixing it and then weigh that against selling as is or fxing and selling. I am not sure thatthe money invested in getting it fixed would be recoverable in resale.
    Anyone looking for a project? Hull is in great shape. Might even have a 2005 galvanized trailer that came with a 3D included.
    i was just in myrtle beach for a golf trip last week. had i known about it then, i may have picked it up. timing is everything lol.

No worries now! After manually getting the engine to break free and roll over it is now up and running well. Just winterized and now will be able to sell it in the spring without having to do any real work on the ski.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Don't sell it to anyone you like. It will let go within 5 hours if it has rusted crank or rod bearings.

Good luck...

I am not too worried at the moment. It had been sitting since early in September and but broke free with one hand on a set of channel lock pliers on the shaft. Doesn't sound too bad to me. It started right up after that.

+1

Cool

what you have to understand is,if crank bearing get any rust pits (micro) as engine is running it will just start eating at pitted area (bearing surface have to be dead smooth ) anyways its your ski ,just though would fill you in

later cd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information