Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

weird noise in water

My 95 xp 720 was runnin great past 3 or 4 times I had it out after I changed the prop and wear ring.....and yeterday I was flying down river when ski shut off and when I restarted it had kno power and was making a winding noise when running in water....it runs fine out of water no unusual sounds...any ideas?

Check up in the intake grate as well as into the pump. Maybe something got sucked up and made its way into the impeller. Take a flash light and look into the pump. You may be able to see the wear ring and the condition of it. Should be only 1-2 mm gap between the impeller and wear ring.

It has brand new prop and wear ring.....it all looks good in there

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Check the pump oil ! make sure the O ring sealed.Sounds just like the pump is gone and it seized up from heat,if thats the case it will need a rebuild with a prop shaft (not driveshaft) jmo goodluck

Prop and wear ring are new....nada happen tooo them

+1
    If The oil you replace in the pump leak out because of a faulty seal or the o ring on the cone got broken. This might be what happen. Me my self have cross thread the filler screw and water had gotten into mine. But I had cot it in time. I never got any whining. Just had to rebuild the pump. That why it a good idea to replace the oil in the pump ones a year even if it dint need it. This work for me any way. But some say if it not broke don't fix it.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbuhles View Post
    It has brand new prop and wear ring.....it all looks good in there
    Ok? but you had to remove the pump cone and replace the oil at that time,....soooo did you make sure the pump oil didn't leak out? or did you even replace the oil?

Yaa I made sure there were no leaks.....I'm mind boggled....I'm gonna jus have too pull it apart I guess

There was water in the pump....the prop still spins freely in there.....is there a way too tell if pump is bad?....

+1
    The bearing and seal and o ring should all be replace. If the shaft looks good it might be ok. But look at the flat suface where the bearing rides and make sure it not burnt or pitted. Sorry about the hassle you had to go threw. The water got in my filler screw because I cross thread it . So I bought a new cone too. thread lock it and I dab a little silacone over it. Just in case. But it will most likly come off in a few rides. good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information