Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bow chicka wow wow
    +1

SKAT TRAK driveshaft bearing/boot-need to replace boot-ADVISE on da BOOT

Guys I'm still running the skat trac seal/bearing/silicone boot. Ok don't tell me the horror stories as I know first hand. Problem is I need to replace the silicone boot. Can anyone tell me about a replacement. Number on side of boot is SE5515-225 2.250"ID

I saw a post where someone replaced with a marine hose, but can't find now. The boot has been my only issue, as the bearing wants to ride forward up the driveshaft no matter what or how many clamps I use on the boot. If I can solve that, then the set up has been reliable as I ran for 3 years with no issues.

Need help on this one.....thanks

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Come on guys, all the experience old reliable GH buddies in bed? or still jet skiing?lol

Banned User
    +1
    I've been running the Rad4 seal with the OEM accordian boot for 3 seasons now...Grease after every ride, with remote filler line, all is well...The OEM boot allows for the seal to travel slightly on the shaft...ALSO, just as a fail safe, make sure your pump shoe is aligned with the outlet if you run a hard hose...

+1
    Try a semi shop they will have it if not I will send u some.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I've been running the Rad4 seal with the OEM accordian boot for 3 seasons now...Grease after every ride, with remote filler line, all is well...The OEM boot allows for the seal to travel slightly on the shaft...ALSO, just as a fail safe, make sure your pump shoe is aligned with the outlet if you run a hard hose...
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Danny, no cavitation from quick hole shot? OEM accordian boot can hold up to pressures when it is not compressed like it is in original set up?

+1
    I used the accordian boot also when I had the rad 4. No problems. Works great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I've been running the Rad4 seal with the OEM accordian boot .
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    I used the accordian boot also when I had the rad 4. No problems. Works great.
    Good idea guys!!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Good idea guys!!!!!!!
    its been working for me too sno.... hate to say it, im sure combined with the speedfreeks bellow band its a solid setup

+1
    Time will tell.. Glug Glug Glug. Just saying be careful and always inspect your seal. The seal bearing combo will work if the correct finish and materials are used.
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    its been working for me too sno.... hate to say it, im sure combined with the speedfreeks bellow band its a solid setup

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Time will tell.. Glug Glug Glug. Just saying be careful and always inspect your seal. The seal bearing combo will work if the correct finish and materials are used.
    It is definitely something to check for after every ride. It is not the most reliable set up. But I've put over 100 hours on the skat trak bearing and seal. Driveshaft and bearing still great, If I can get the hose or boot to stay on, I think I will have a reliable set up. Suggestions by GH and Danny are to not use a stiff hose, It makes perfect sense that if this is just a carrier bearing that it would need to be able to move a little and float on the drive shaft with varying loads and rpms.Also a high speed bearing grease like Kluber has helped also. If I go with the OEM accordian boot I hope it holds up and can take the load, especially since it will not be compressed. I think the speed freak band would be pretty much a waste with this set up since it does not rely on pressure against a carbon seal or ring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information