Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: jet pump

jet pump

what kind of dope gose in the 2007 f12x?

+1
    You can use the easily available Green Grease from the auto parts stores or use Merc 2-4-t special lube. I use a hypodermic grease injector needle so I don't have to disassemble. I thread the needle through the space between the bearings to the back of the cavity and fill it from front to back, just like I do with trailer wheel bearings.

so i can just use any grease? i am changing the prop so i had to take it apart and read sum post on putting gear oil back in there but didnt know if that was a good idea

ok got my ski back on the water rode about a hour and my prop was about to fall off not sure how that happen and all my grease was slug in to the cap where the bearing is any ideas where did i go wrong?

+1
    The impeller needs loctite and torqued to 105 Foot Pounds. Use the square shaft under the cap in a vise to hold while you torque it. Refill the bearings and cap full with grease.

i didnt torqued it down but will this time and i did fill the bearing and cap full and it was not much on the bearing but the cap was full i was reading and the said put foot oil like you but in a boat have you ever done it?

+1
    I have always stuck with grease on my pumps since I seldom service them except with impeller changes. Oil [ATF] works in transmissions so I am sure it would be OK in pump housings too.

i would like to stick with it to but some how it all slug in the cap not sure what went wrong any ideas? what did i do worng on the prop any help?

+1
    I use a hypodermic needle grease injector fitting to thread the needle all the way to the rear of the cavity. It takes a while to fill the cavity, but it works well. The injector cost less than $10 on Amazon and work well on trailer/car wheel bearings also.

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    I use a hypodermic needle grease injector fitting to thread the needle all the way to the rear of the cavity. It takes a while to fill the cavity, but it works well. The injector cost less than $10 on Amazon and work well on trailer/car wheel bearings also.
    Do you have a picture of this? I am trying to figure out where the needle goes? Is this all under the cap where the main bearing is?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information