RXP Starting Issue

Sometimes my seadoo will not start. When I press the start/stop buttom it will click & not turn over, other times when I press the start/stop button it will not may any sounds at all. I crossed the 2 battery terminals and the starter turns over. When I disconeccected the plug at the solenoid I had power to one side of the plug. I then put a test light across both terminals and pressed the start/stop button but the test light showed no continuity. When the seadoo was starting I did the same thing and there was continuity.

Any ideas?

RXP Starting issue

I had the same problem and still do. (except for the clicking noise) Found out it was the DESS Key. Wiggle it around and make sure you get good contact. My key needs to be replaced, but i will deal with it for now. If its not that, then I am sure someone who is more mechanically inclined will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOcean View Post
    I had the same problem and still do. (except for the clicking noise) Found out it was the DESS Key. Wiggle it around and make sure you get good contact. My key needs to be replaced, but i will deal with it for now. If its not that, then I am sure someone who is more mechanically inclined will help you.
    I'm thinking its not the key, When I put the key in, makes good contact and the ECU starts up instantly with 2 beeps following shortly after. I also have a learners key that I tried with the same result.

+1
    starter relay needs to be replaced <$35 and easy to do. If you search for starter relay you can find allot more detail.

I been looking around at other posts and that always seems to be the issue. What bugs me is why when i put a test light across both terminals and pressed the start/stop button but the test light showed no continuity. When the seadoo was starting I did the same thing and there was continuity....would the starter relay fix this issue?

Could the ECU not be grounding correctly?

It ended up being the starter for me.

Bryan

Just did mine today. No more clicking. Starts like it should.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would update you on the status as maybe some other will one day have the issue as well.

I replaced the starter replay (thank you all for helping me figure that out) and no more clicking! Awesome. Seadoo starts! BUT...I try again 3 hours later..no go...great! I'm going crazy. I did some more reading into "key" beep codes and I really never paid attention to the codes. I noticed that if I did not put the key on really well, I would get one beep (bad connection) but the dashboard would light up without an issue. So I realized that i Had two issues. I put a little lube on the keyring to help it get on easier and now I always listen for 3 beeps at start.

So moral of the story is, listen to your beep codes and replace the starter!

All is good now.
    Thank you everyone!

Thread Information