+1

2011 RXTis intake grate?

Will an aftermarket grate improve handling/speed any better than what comes from the factory?
    The factory grate has fins to direct the water toward the pump already.(looks like the one from Riva that was on my 07 RXT)

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I have the GPS bypass and Solas 15/22 prop on my 2010 iS. I bought a Worx Grate and I didn't have enough power to run it. I'll probably need to do a cold air intake to make more power. It really slowed me down and dropped my rpms down to 7800 (69mph). With my stock grate, I'm running close to 73 at 8200 rpm. I do a lot of ocean riding and am thinking about the R&D Grate as I'm told it's a better grate in the rough. (The Worx was not built for choppy water anyways) I probably wouldn't go with the Worx unless you're making more power. Hope this helps.

+1
    Thanks, nothing better than first hand experience!

Did you install the prop yourself?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gbest View Post
    Thanks, nothing better than first hand experience!

Did you install the prop yourself?
    No. The last jet ski pump I opened up was from an 85 Kawi 550. That's a lot of stuff in there, so I went ahead and took the 1 hour labor charge nick on my wallet. I don't think I'm going to be pulling the prop all the time for tweaks. Maybe once though, but not for a long while.

Somebody here fashioned an intake for an iS, but I haven't seen any pics. I'm hoping to be able to do that myself soon.

I have a 2011 RXT-X 260 and just ordered the gps bypass 15/22 prop and R&D grate. I have sent the prop to Speedfreeks to re-pitch. SO you are running 73 with the limiter removed and the solas prop 15/22 with stock grate? What was your machine running flat stock ? I am up in Canada and mine runs 69 all day long and with ideal conditions I can sustain 70mph. I am looking for what results I should get with the parts installed!!

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Urwheelman View Post
    I have a 2011 RXT-X 260 and just ordered the gps bypass 15/22 prop and R&D grate. I have sent the prop to Speedfreeks to re-pitch. SO you are running 73 with the limiter removed and the solas prop 15/22 with stock grate? What was your machine running flat stock ? I am up in Canada and mine runs 69 all day long and with ideal conditions I can sustain 70mph. I am looking for what results I should get with the parts installed!!

Thanks
    My ski speedo would read 69, but it was really 67 on a Garmin. (It's about 1.5 high) I'm close to 73 on the Garmin. I also have an extra 100 lbs on a non-spring ski, so you should run a couple ticks faster and you're able to more easily do a cold air intake because your deck doesn't move.

In short, I gained 5mph.

Right on, thanks for the info UNSANE, I look forward to getting all the parts on and giving it a run! If I can pick up 5 plus I would be happy with that. The re-pitch is supposed to make a big difference along with the grate. I will post some numbers when the parts are on. Cheers

A

Thread Information