Milky oil in breather tube

I have a kanaflex air intake setup and a home made catch can and the hose had fallen of the catch can and was just hanging in the hull. I had to flip the ski to get something out of the prop (because of high tide no land) and there was quite a bit of water in the hull from being upside down (about 30sec). After getting it right side up I started it up and it stumbled just a little but then ran fine (besides all the water in the hull). Today I started it up and it ran fine but I wanted to investigate and make sure nothing else went wrong. I took the breather hose of the plastic part mounted to the engine and it's all milky inside. I also took out the oil filter and only saw a very small milky section. Dip stick looks ok. I would feel better flushing out the oil and getting new filter and oil. What is the best way to do this? How many oil changes? I did a search but did not find all the answers. Thanks

I suspect the oil came in from the breather tube into the engine. So not sure how much may have gotten in.

+1
    Depending how much oil you got in the block you may need to do a full out boil out procedure. You can change the oil a million times and it still be milky depending again how much water is in it. I do a full dry fire and boil out procedure to be on the safe side. Because once you get water in the block it will begin to rust and start to really jack stuff up then you got a bigger mess.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Totally sunk mine last year. I changed oil 5 times, used some old cheap Wally World oil. Last change was back to seadoo 4 tec OEM oil and filter. Took out ran hard, all good pistons, intake and crankcase needed washing out,lol

What do you mean by boil out procedure?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr800 View Post
    What do you mean by boil out procedure?
    it means you pinch one of the water lines going to the oil cooler and it lets the motor heat up beyond 212deg f and boil out the water in the engine per the manaul

Ok thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    it means you pinch one of the water lines going to the oil cooler and it lets the motor heat up beyond 212deg f and boil out the water in the engine per the manaul

Right, Id first do ur best taking the plugs out or at least one plug out and start it or dry fire it. Will keep your crank and pistons lubed up so your block dont begin to rust, I do that for a lil while. Then do a boil out procedure.

Thread Information