Pv operation question

I was wondering what controls the servo to open the pv valves? while diagnosing my ski today on the water, i found that unplugging the servo motor my horrible low end bog got better, not really 100% but defiantly an improvement. But what gets me is when i shut the ski off the pv valves move once. And testing the servo according to the manual results in a working servo motor. Plugging the motor back in, with the seat off, i go full throttle and the valves don't move at all. Is my cdi causing problems?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by soulraver View Post
    I was wondering what controls the servo to open the pv valves? while diagnosing my ski today on the water, i found that unplugging the servo motor my horrible low end bog got better, not really 100% but defiantly an improvement. But what gets me is when i shut the ski off the pv valves move once. And testing the servo according to the manual results in a working servo motor. Plugging the motor back in, with the seat off, i go full throttle and the valves don't move at all. Is my cdi causing problems?
    It's controlled by the cdi, You said when you shut it off it will cycle so the system is working fine.

But thats what confuses me there, everyone is telling me its working if it does that, but yet my ski is bogging down until 4k rpm, and works fine after, after unplugging and closing the pv's manually the low end gets better.

I have the jet works hole shot kit, could a bad jet works valve cause my hesitation? The ski runs great out of water, but in water, bogs and when i hit wot pegs at 3k rpm wont go up or down unless i feather it...

Nevermind looks like i finally figured out my problem, to anyone else having a similar problem, the resistor someone installed instead of the temp sensor looks to have gone bad, i plugged the sensor back in place of the resistor and the ski is much much better, still a slight hog at times but a big improvement

If you were getting better low end power manually moving the PV you may have the position set wrong. There is a hole in the cable pulley that needs to line up with the hole on the side of the cylinder. see instructions from the service manual below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YPVS 1.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	244048Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YPVS 2.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	244047

I didn't think to check that, thank you i will do that right now

Thread Information