Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    chuckbatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    166

    R&D anti-cavitation transom plate

    Has anybody purchased the r&d anti-cavitation transom plate? I saw this on greenhulk and it apparently helps holeshot and reduces cavitation. It's $400 or you can have yours machined for much less. Is this worth the money? Anybody?

    Thanks,
    Chuck


  2. #2
    dhoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Aurora, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    3,182
    +1
    6
    bump

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,329
    +1
    152
    I have an extra one for a 100 bucks but it will not completly cure it with the stock prop pump setup. You will still need a double prop or something

  4. #4
    Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,284
    +1
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbatts View Post
    Has anybody purchased the r&d anti-cavitation transom plate? I saw this on greenhulk and it apparently helps holeshot and reduces cavitation. It's $400 or you can have yours machined for much less. Is this worth the money? Anybody?

    Thanks,
    Chuck
    Hey Chuck, why not save your money and just fill the voids. Its the same principle as installing a pump plug kit in a intake grate or pump shoe. Just use casting resin instead. Very simple to do.

  5. #5
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    Hey Chuck, why not save your money and just fill the voids. Its the same principle as installing a pump plug kit in a intake grate or pump shoe. Just use casting resin instead. Very simple to do.
    I filled my own. Took 4 freaking tubes of epoxy too!

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,329
    +1
    152
    The transom is bored out, the filling is not much help as the bigger size is what helps and makes a better match for a smoother tranision in the tunnel

  7. #7
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    The transom is bored out, the filling is not much help as the bigger size is what helps and makes a better match for a smoother tranision in the tunnel
    Agreed.

  8. #8
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I filled my own. Took 4 freaking tubes of epoxy too!
    I think Chad used casting resin, not epoxy. But both get the job done just fine

  9. #9
    I wanna go fast perk_1405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    winnabow, nc
    Posts
    202
    anyone have any results?

  10. #10
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by perk_1405 View Post
    anyone have any results?
    it helps some to a certain degree, depending on how bad is your cavitation. for example if your banging the limiter on holeshot 2-3 times this transom mod might solve the cavitation for you, if your hitting the limiter 4-5 times it might cut that down to half. but if you got massive cavitation forget about it, you might not even notice a diference from this mod.

    but, every little bit helps...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ride Plate + Anti Cavitation Cone
    By mfslacker22 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2015, 07:44 PM
  2. [email protected] anti cavitation transom plate.
    By miker1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 06:07 PM
  3. R&D releases new anti cavitation transom plate
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 06:53 PM
  4. Lower unit anti cavitation plate cracked.
    By MikeTrin in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 07:31 PM
  5. R&D Anti Cavitation Cone
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •