2007 GTI 130 Mods ???

New here and to seadooing in general. Just bought a 2007 seadoo GTI 130, perfect machine for me, but as i have become more comfortable , im looking for a bit more out of it, especialy acceleration wise, any recomendations on aftermarket parts? I dont even know where to begin looking for parts for this machine. Websites, part numbers, prices are all appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieD View Post
    New here and to seadooing in general. Just bought a 2007 seadoo GTI 130, perfect machine for me, but as i have become more comfortable , im looking for a bit more out of it, especialy acceleration wise, any recomendations on aftermarket parts? I dont even know where to begin looking for parts for this machine. Websites, part numbers, prices are all appreciated.
    I just bought a 2011 GTS 130, not much out there for these. Intake, different impeller, and intake grate are about all you'll find. Mine accelerates very hard, and reaches a top speed of 55 mph.... what is your top speed? Could be a wear ring/impeller issue.

my top speed is about that as well, just looking for a bit more out of it. I found an R&D Intake for it, but was looking for something in the exhaust area (louder, more free flowing)

my top speed is about that as well, just looking for a bit more out of it. I found an R&D Intake for it, but was looking for something in the exhaust area (louder, more free flowing)
    Generally backpressure is a good thing, especially for acceleration. Now if it was turbo'd or SC'd.... zero BP is what you want. Got a link to the R&D fintake?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr623 View Post
    Generally backpressure is a good thing, especially for acceleration. Now if it was turbo'd or SC'd.... zero BP is what you want. Got a link to the R&D fintake?

There you go !

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1179

Thanks! I just worry about ingesting water after install because i boat in choppy water.

+1
    you can probably make a threw hull exhaust for it pretty easy, but I don't think its gonna add any performance.

Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    you can probably make a threw hull exhaust for it pretty easy, but I don't think its gonna add any performance.
    sorry, like i said , new to this seadooing stuff. What is a threw hull exhaust and what would it require to make it? i assume the " threw hull" part refers to where the exit for the exhaust is, but where is the stock exit ?? thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    Yeah with an N/A some backpressure is a good thing. I remember watching a tuning show on cars, where they dyno'd older honda civics after the addition of an exhaust system....the HP remained the same, and they actually LOST torque! And these teens spend hundreds of dollars on them and buzz around like they are sweet.

If is turbo'd or SC'd however, the turbo/supercharger creates its own BP so you want zero BP. An exhaust for a turbocharged vehicle gets double benefit because the turbo is exhaust driven.

What is my best option for prop on this ski ?? looking for a little more on take off

Thread Information