94 sl 750 bogs down on deceleration

After rebuilding the carbs doing the up grades. I took it the river yesterday. Starts and runs great on take off. Once you let off the gas it bogs down and shut down. Need help, I've read everything and now all the info is starting to run together .

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    There's a clear plastic "flap" inside the carb. Double up on it and see what you get.

When you decel, the engine RPM is still high and the fuel pump is pulsing. So the fuel pressure is high and loading up the carbs.

Doubling up on the anti siphon valve "flap" is a way to help eliminate that from happening.

Make sure you check your pop off pressure, and ALWAYS use genuine Mikuni carb parts.

Thanks X, you've been such a help to everyone on the forum. I'm sure everyone really appreciates all the time you put into this forum.

Checking the Pop presure is one thing I failed to do, didn't want to take the time to go buy a bicycle pump. I'm think it may be the Center carb. I hit the starter one time yesterday afternoon looking to see if my gas filter was empting really fast or not. After about 10 minutes I took the plugs out and the center had smoke coming out. So I'm thinking its the one getting to much fuel. Can I adjust one of the jets down a little for the weekend? Its idling between 1300 and 1450 rmps

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Don't sweat the "smoke". At any time, 1 cyl will do that. Just depends where the engine stops.

I'd just run it as is, just ease off the throttle instead of just letting it go. FOR NOW!!!!!

You will need to address it, but just to get you through the week end should be OK.

Take a plug wrench with you, when it does it, remove your plugs right then and there. See which one or ones are giving you issues.

Thread Information