Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any ideas as I am losing my hair......

Ok guys here goes.

I have a 2008 Seadoo RXT X with a Riva stage 1 mod and also a remapped ECU. The last time I took the ski out I noticed that my RPM was down to about 7700RPM when it was 8300RPM. Upon closer inspection when I took of the hoses to the intercooler I noticed the IC was clogged with what seemed like white gunk. I rang the guy who did the mods on my ski and he said check your oil level as it seems there is to much oil in there and the white gunk in the IC was because of this. Well check the oil and yes it was right up to the top mark on the dipstick. So I took the IC out of the ski and gave it a good clean with gasoline to remove the white gunk. The gasoline was very effective at removing this and after about 6 litres of gasoline being put in the IC all the gunk was gone. Now I put the IC back in the ski and connected all hoses and then proceed to remove about 1/2 litre of oil from the ski. Once this was done I checked the dipstick and the oil level was smack in the mioddle of the 2 marks, so I thought job done. I put all my tools away and then went to start the ski so to check it on the hose. The ski now starts but will not tick over and when it does tick over the revs seem to be hunting up and down from 1200rpm down to 700RPM. I have check all the connections and everything seems ok.

The ski was running fine prior to me cleaning the IC as I put it on the hose and it was ticking over no problem.

ANY IDEAS GUYS...

Thanks

+1
    Might be left over gasoline/ gasoline fumes, in the IC making the air going into the TB to rich?

Must admit never thought of that. So running the ski for a while on the water should solve the problem

+1
    All that junk in the IC is oil which leaked past the stock front seal in the supercharger. You need to update the seal to a Viton seal. Did you remove the flame arrestor in the intake manifold? If not, it too is plugged with oil.

Be cautious on the oil level on the dip stick. Keep it at the top bend.

Check the slip on the supercharger.

+1
    Maybe. If that is the problem, I would think it would not take to long to clear it out if it is.

Ok guys quite new to all this messing with the Ski so how do I remove the flame arrestor in the intake manifold and I have ordered a Viton seal so my next question is how easy are these viton seals to fit

Thanks again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    All that junk in the IC is oil which leaked past the stock front seal in the supercharger. You need to update the seal to a Viton seal. Did you remove the flame arrestor in the intake manifold? If not, it too is plugged with oil.
    This is a possiblity also. Do you remember what the exit side of the IC looked like? If it was milky looking then your flame arrestor is also probably clogged. I say run it and see if it clears up, then pull the SC to IC hose and see if you are getting oil in the IC again.

One side of the IC was clogged with the white gunk but the other side of the IC seemed pretty clear

Just checked the flame arrestor and it is clear so any other thoughts or ideas guys

+1
    My bet is that your intercooler is leaking. Take it out and test it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information