Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Diagram for routing/hooking up Riva open loop Therm

Guys, can someone show me the diagram and routing for hooking up the riva therm for open loop, i am assuming it goes where my valve currently is....From ic to jd open loop cooling etc. but a pic or diagram would be helpful....Thanks

+1
    The riva thermostat comes off the big water port on the head, then overboard

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeGoing80 View Post
    Guys, can someone show me the diagram and routing for hooking up the riva therm for open loop, i am assuming it goes where my valve currently is....From ic to jd open loop cooling etc. but a pic or diagram would be helpful....Thanks

This might help :http://www.rivaracing.com/instructions/rs1013_50.pdf

+1
    WELL,
    my routing is diff than the sheet, between the ic and water pump i have a valve similar to gprxps....My water outlet is hooked up and runs to my exhaust manifold...soooo, what is the easiest fix? where or what to do? thanks guys give me some ideas

+1

Shouldnt

Correct me if i ma wrong, but if the way my routing is currently, its being pushed to front to exhaust mani , would it really matter? the more I think about it, thew more i dont think it really does...

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeGoing80 View Post
    Correct me if i ma wrong, but if the way my routing is currently, its being pushed to front to exhaust mani , would it really matter? the more I think about it, thew more i dont think it really does...
    I'm running the fizzle open loop and its working good, The routing is the same as the riva. The only problem I have is finding a way to flush it properly. The riva kit has a nice set up for flushing through the inter-cooler first, then the motor and exhaust next the same way the water comes in from the pump. I'm still trying to find the y fittings and hose kit to rig up the same set up.I'm also going to install a ball valve on the main line off of the pump so you can shut it off for towing. I always use salt-away. Right now I have to take off my strainer hose and hook it up to the hose with a clamp, pita.If anyone knows where to find those fittings chime in.

+1

Anyone

Anyone have thoughts , on my system?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageX View Post
    I'm running the fizzle open loop and its working good, The routing is the same as the riva. The only problem I have is finding a way to flush it properly. The riva kit has a nice set up for flushing through the inter-cooler first, then the motor and exhaust next the same way the water comes in from the pump. I'm still trying to find the y fittings and hose kit to rig up the same set up.I'm also going to install a ball valve on the main line off of the pump so you can shut it off for towing. I always use salt-away. Right now I have to take off my strainer hose and hook it up to the hose with a clamp, pita.If anyone knows where to find those fittings chime in.

I will send you another Y fitting and will also look into adding a dedicated flush fitting to the kit

+1
    Why cant you just flush it on the hose through the rear fitting??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Why cant you just flush it on the hose through the rear fitting??
    If your talking about the stock flush point, you will not get any flow through the engine by flushing fron there.

If your talking about the thru hull fitting from the engine you wont get much flow through the engine as the thermo will stay closed due to cold water from hose hitting it before engine and you will not get any flow through the exhaust.

You either have to remove the main feed and shove the garden hose down it or fit/make a similar setup to the riva kit.

R88

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information