GP1300R XL1200 LTD GP1200R Yimihemi1200's Avatar

VX110 Deluxe Won't go above 35 mph and 6000 rpm

Accelerates ok, but will not go faster than 35 mph and 6000 rpm.
    No rope in impeller and spark plugs were a little white on the ceramics. These are new spark plugs.
    Maybe a plugged fuel filter on the bottom of the pump?????????

You sure its not in "limp"mode. The Deluxe has the rpm limiter feature that you can accidentally set with the remote.

If not in "limp" mode, then I'd change the plugs as a first step, regardless of how they look, and how new they are. Check the oil level with the engine HOT, to be sure it is not overfilled, and check the air filter to be sure there is no oil on it (even a little bit will reduce performance).

Looks like the Multifunction Meter on the Dash may not be working. The Low mode light on the dash won't come on, so we don't even know if we are in the Low mode. The manual indicates that the Multifunction Meter Dash should be replaced.

First if the ski is loosing power in turns, you may need new injectors, also a quick fix would be to check the butterfly in the throttle body. Spark plugs again can give you a little more pop off the line as well. Next I would check compression even if the ski is new. A bad break in could mar a cylinder and you would loose power. The throttle placement sensor is very touchy and can be another cause for power loose or just bad response.

The easiest fix I can think of would be a bottle of lucas fuel cleaner, clean your air box and get a new air filter.

If that doesnt work, move up to cleaning throttle body and new fuel injectors, along with throttle placement sensor, and role sensor.

Any other questions let me know.

I'd check the connections first. Disconnect all connections, spray on an anti-corrosive dielectric spray (Corrosion X works well), then re-connect. My brother had to replace the wiring harness on his VX recently with a similar problem. Replacing the display will be expensive.

+1
    Hold the unlock button on the remote down for a few seconds untill it beeps.
    If it dosent beep-it's either a faulty remote(change batteries) or dash and take it to a dealer-it sounds as if it's stuck in learner mode.

The low mode light doesn't come on so we thought maybe it was the multifunction dash display. I did notice that when you open the throttle and watch the butterfly it open to full open, then with the throttle held full down the butterfly will open all the way then, close after just 1 second. This is while the engine is not running and looking in the intake at the butterfly. I am not sure, but is this normal?????????

We replaced multi function meter and drained a little oil out of the sump to lower the oil level. Replace all 4 spark plugs and now it runs fine again. Over 8000 rpm. Problem solved............................................ ..........

Thread Information