Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 06 RXP couple questions on SC rebuild

Hi guys, new to the site and just got my 06 RXP last month. I'm upto about 90 hrs so I want to have the SC rebuild done in the next week or so. One of my questions is, is there any pros or cons over going with the Riva rebuild kit over the Seadoo one from the dealer? Secondly are there any cheap mods I could have done to the SC why its already out? Lastly, my ski doesnt launch very hard from a dead stop. I been told its probably the wear ring, would it be cheaper to have this done while the SC is out? This is my first pwc so im not familiar with what has to come out to replace what yet. Also wanting to do a different impeller sometime this summer too so if any of this should be done at the same time to save money id really like to know. Thanks!

+1
    IF im not mistaking the Riva kit is an OEM kit..Just make sure its an 08 and newer kit when purchasing...im sure thats all they sell out there now BUT the dealer could have some old stock still and push it off on ya...Only real mod you can do to your Scer while its out is upgrade the Scer wheel to a Gen 2..it will give ya a tad bit better excelleration and top speed...Also a Viton seal would be a good idea also..these both can be found in the GH store...You can change the wear ring without touching the Scer..the wear ring is in the pump on the back of the ski..So you can change that whenever you see fit...if your ski is stock then the only real prop that may be of any gain to you would be a 13/18 BUT the little gain you will see is not worth the money IMO...Do some of the cheaper mods like a 4 inch front air intake,Gen 2 Scer wheel then you can warrent a 14/19 which will give you some noticable acceleration and top speed..Anytime you order all at once youll save money..especially through the store..Jerry has everything you will need..just click away...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    IF im not mistaking the Riva kit is an OEM kit..Just make sure its an 08 and newer kit when purchasing...im sure thats all they sell out there now BUT the dealer could have some old stock still and push it off on ya...Only real mod you can do to your Scer while its out is upgrade the Scer wheel to a Gen 2..it will give ya a tad bit better excelleration and top speed...Also a Viton seal would be a good idea also..these both can be found in the GH store...You can change the wear ring without touching the Scer..the wear ring is in the pump on the back of the ski..So you can change that whenever you see fit...if your ski is stock then the only real prop that may be of any gain to you would be a 13/18 BUT the little gain you will see is not worth the money IMO...Do some of the cheaper mods like a 4 inch front air intake,Gen 2 Scer wheel then you can warrent a 14/19 which will give you some noticable acceleration and top speed..Anytime you order all at once youll save money..especially through the store..Jerry has everything you will need..just click away...LOL
    Thanks for the info, my plan for mods is 1 i have to stay under a grand, I didnt know i had to rebuild the SC at 100 hrs until after I bought it. Just thought id have to do the washers but im at 89 and going out today so might as well do the rebuild when its out for washers right? So anyways my plan was most likely the stage 1 riva kit. Only thing was I was thinking about not getting the pump wedge it comes with and going for exhaust instead if I can get that in the budget. That wedge seems pointless to me since it has trim to adjust the bow. But I could be mistaken as im still a noob to pwc lol. I will listen to what the experts on here say, so if you guys have suggestions im all ears! So what is this wheel and viton seal you mentioned? I have not read anything about those yet and what do they cost? Someone help me spend my money wisely

Also mine launches like a turd out of the hole, I want a hole shot like an rxp-x. Thats why I think my wear ring is shot or something is wrong. If I gun it from a dead stop it will hit the rev limiter a couple times. Still goes just not like I would think it should. Once im moving it takes off good though. My thoughts were with the riva top loader intake grate, the 14/19 impeller and intake with a rebuilt SC it should launch like an RXP-X right?

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LSXHP View Post
    Also mine launches like a turd out of the hole, I want a hole shot like an rxp-x. Thats why I think my wear ring is shot or something is wrong. If I gun it from a dead stop it will hit the rev limiter a couple times. Still goes just not like I would think it should. Once im moving it takes off good though. My thoughts were with the riva top loader intake grate, the 14/19 impeller and intake with a rebuilt SC it should launch like an RXP-X right?
    thread about seals -> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...al-information

your rxp wont ever launch like an x boat because the x boats have external intercooler and bigger supercharger. changing your wear ring will help your cavitation. there is a thread in the how to section on pump pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by sHALlow View Post
    thread about seals -> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...al-information

your rxp wont ever launch like an x boat because the x boats have external intercooler and bigger supercharger. changing your wear ring will help your cavitation. there is a thread in the how to section on pump pulling.
    Well that sucks...will the mods I have planned metioned above even come close? Maybe an x boat in in my future then hmm. Honestly I didn't even know there was a difference when I bought my rxp a few weeks ago. If I would have known about the difference and about these needing the sc rebuild I may have just sprung for the X. Oh well for now I'm happy with this one assuming I can get the hole shot a little better...

Trying to order my SC rebuild kit from 4-techperformance but its not letting me use the greenhulk code to get the 10 percent off. Am I doing something wrong?

+1
    The greenhulk discount code only applies to Riva and R&D products.

the wedge will help,the vts only adjusts your steering nozzle the wedge moves your pump up 2 degrees.Some like it some dont but it will give you more speed ,exhaust wont but it will sound badass

X boats need the charger rebuilt every 100 too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information